• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-A-Operations

which room does this fight take place in?
https://youtu.be/SZYkBbB9cEA?t=1m47s

Operations

also isn't this area just outside where this map is?
2hzfya.jpg

i think it would be good to be able to go outside unless there will be another map of hadley's hope with exterior areas.

No, this is the complex on the other side were the marines enter at the start of the movie.

GORMAN
(into headset)
Apone...where are your people?
Anybody in D-Block?

APONE
(voice over; filtered)
Negative. We're all in Operations.​

D-Block is were Ops and Medlab are (I still need to adjust the texture saying "2A"). A and B is were they entered (habitat ring etc), C and D Medlab and Ops.

colonylayout.jpg

In short, yes...it would be wise to create another map for outside.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So far everyone loves operations on all 5 of the wolfpackclan servers. Damm fine job Hemi. I even made it a part of wolfpackclan.com news for all to enjoy and download. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Thanks Buzz, the new update is comin along.

Queen.jpg

It connects the garage with the upstairs corridor towards medlab and has a "sleeping" alien queen and nest in it. Should be more space to move around. Optimising the package is a pain though. I really want to make it smaller and I will! :mad: Some of the textures a too big in some places. (2048x2048 for a small ceiling trim is crazy...)

Upvote 0
Hey Hemi,

I've played through a few times on it. Nice map. It gives me hope for an Alien's KF2 Mod in the future.

One thing for me is that some of those single doors are narrow. It feels like my in-game shoulders are hitting the sides. If I don't walk through them just right, I bump and have to adjust.

I've widen the door collision in the new update, hopefully that will fix the problem :)

Upvote 0
First, rename the map. This will conflict with servers having the older version of the map causing the player to get an error and not being able to join.

Also, if players are spread across the map, the Zeds stop spawning. Fix this.

have to say putting "Fix it" is a little rude mate, despite any feelings you both have.

All the work that goes into mapping maybe a please can you fix the spawns would have been more appropriate ;)

Upvote 0
have to say putting "Fix it" is a little rude mate, despite any feelings you both have.
All the work that goes into mapping maybe a please can you fix the spawns would have been more appropriate ;)

Oh right. I don't see Hosav's replies anymore since I always automatically reply to everything he writes anyway. (and then he says he loves me, which is too weird... Then again...it is a great reply from me so maybe he just swings that way dunno.... Which is totally fine btw.)

Anyway, he and you Snipey did have a point. So version number it is and I fixed the spawns.

Upvote 0
Oh right. I don't see Hosav's replies anymore since I always automatically reply to everything he writes anyway. (and then he says he loves me, which is too weird... Then again...it is a great reply from me so maybe he just swings that way dunno.... Which is totally fine btw.)

Anyway, he and you Snipey did have a point. So version number it is and I fixed the spawns.

Upvote 0
I love your map man, I can't express that enough. Fantastic. Very well done, reminds me a lot of playing on old bioticslabs but not so easy to camp. The aesthetics are beautiful, could become one of my favorite maps.

That said, its terribly buggy at the moment. On sheep's server, many of us were getting stuck in walls, caught on the walls or corners, getting knocked up in to the air while running (Possibly because of props? This I'm not sure) , spawning in walls and having to suicide to get out, and demo rockets would rarely detonate. Rockets will usually fly towards a wall or corner and disappear.

Really looking forward to playing this again when some of these issues have been worked out.

Upvote 0