• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Are You Ready To Beta?

No, you're wrong, European knights were nothing more than glorified caveman wrapped in tinfoil, beating eachother up with dull swords because medieval blades were made to crush, not cut. Everybody knows that finesse and skill was only used by the noble Samurai as they wielded Katanas, the most powerful swords created by man

/s

That's some high quality bait right there. The katana bit gave it away though, no way you're that stupid.

Upvote 0
Love the Eviscerator block buff; AAR was something I always liked on L4D so, cool; Please let the zweinhander have equal stats to the crovel, please don't let it be better than the crovel/pulverizer as in P2W. Don't start with stuff like it was in KF1 :(. And I say that looking over the fact that I own Chivalry. It just won't be the last time... And I don't want to 'have' to keep buying better weapons. Please make it be cosmetic only.

I am gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you entirely on this. I honestly hate those kind of gimmicks that require you to buy other games to experience the full game especially when it encourages companies like EA to release barely completed games and piecemeal the actual content into a bunch of dlc packs available at the launch of the game...... which is why I love Tripwire for this! this Zwiehander was never announced before, not part of the standard set of weapons, it seems like it will be a kind of variation of the pulveriser but not an outright replacement of it. This isn't original content that is being repackaged as dlc before release. This is a weapon that in all likilhood would just not have been in the game period. And now we have access to it, even if we didn't buy chivalry, so long as someone on the server did, I cant imagine a universe where that is a bad thing. I am not ever going to complain when a developer goes above and beyond like this, and with the way Tripwire is implementing this, we have absolutely nothing to fear, and a number of things to look forward to. I understand that it sucks when dlc ad on weapons are considerably superior then the regular weapons forcing you to spend more money, but honestly man that is just how it has to be sometimes. To me addon items is only offensive when the original game was not finished because the company was dissecting the original game to have a number of day on dlc's. Keep your EA fears with EA, Tripwire has lived up to there promised content in the past and has made no attempt to change that this time around, and all of the extras that they release will always be welcome in my book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's some high quality bait right there. The katana bit gave it away though, no way you're that stupid.

That's kind of the worry now though, for me at least.

When I heard about the martial artist perk, I immediately gave tripwire the benefit of the doubt, because I love tripwire.

But the Zweihander being berserker and the katana being martial artist now has me concerned.

I was initially thinking that swords of any kind, and perhaps other historical weapons of war (Like maybe a horseman's pick) would fall under martial artist. Which would be giving credit to European martial arts too.

I know the Zweihander might be berserker because people see it as just a big sword, but it's sad that that's the best case now.

The worst case is that the martial artist only has eastern weapons, perpetuating the misinformation that only the east developed martial arts. I hope this not to be the case though, and as usual will withhold judgement until there's actual evidence.

Upvote 0
I am gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you entirely on this. I honestly hate those kind of gimmicks that require you to buy other games to experience the full game especially when it encourages companies like EA to release barely completed games and piecemeal the actual content into a bunch of dlc packs available at the launch of the game...... which is why I love Tripwire for this! this Zwiehander was never announced before, not part of the standard set of weapons, it seems like it will be a kind of variation of the pulveriser but not an outright replacement of it. This isn't original content that is being repackaged as dlc before release. This is a weapon that in all likilhood would just not have been in the game period. And now we have access to it, even if we didn't buy chivalry, so long as someone on the server did, I cant imagine a universe where that is a bad thing. I am not ever going to complain when a developer goes above and beyond like this, and with the way Tripwire is implementing this, we have absolutely nothing to fear, and a number of things to look forward to. I understand that it sucks when dlc ad on weapons are considerably superior then the regular weapons forcing you to spend more money, but honestly man that is just how it has to be sometimes. To me addon items is only offensive when the original game was not finished because the company was dissecting the original game to have a number of day on dlc's. Keep your EA fears with EA, Tripwire has lived up to there promised content in the past and has made no attempt to change that this time around, and all of the extras that they release will always be welcome in my book.

Now its just a sword but in the future can be:

If you buy GTA V: Get a Car in the Trader
If you Buy Payday 2: Get a Dual Minigun in the Trader
If you Buy Alien Vs Predator: Get Stealth Cammo in the Trader
If you Buy Borderlands 2:Get a Claptrap in the trader
and on and on

this just make the game more pay wall than adding more INGAME content.

Upvote 0

and on and on

How ****ing daft do you have to be to think TWI would actually do stuff like this? I'm not calling you stupid, but you must be exaggerating PRETTY heavily to make a point, or else you're just not aware of TW's track record.

That's kind of the worry now though, for me at least.

When I heard about the martial artist perk, I immediately gave tripwire the benefit of the doubt, because I love tripwire.

But the Zweihander being berserker and the katana being martial artist now has me concerned.

I was initially thinking that swords of any kind, and perhaps other historical weapons of war (Like maybe a horseman's pick) would fall under martial artist. Which would be giving credit to European martial arts too.

I know the Zweihander might be berserker because people see it as just a big sword, but it's sad that that's the best case now.

The worst case is that the martial artist only has eastern weapons, perpetuating the misinformation that only the east developed martial arts. I hope this not to be the case though, and as usual will withhold judgement until there's actual evidence.

The zwiehander will be a massive chopping beast of a blade to behead entire groups of enemies with, it definitely suits the Beserker. Just because it's bladed and European doesn't mean it needs to go to MA, and just because it's European doesn't mean the MA will be all Asian. Don't read too far into things before any of the weapons for MA are even announced. Of course he gets katana, it's a quick little powerhouse perfect for the MA's precision striking. The zwiehander will just be a big, slow monster, and I can't wait to try it with the parry counter skill coming out.

That's exactly what gave it away for me too!

Everyone knows you use a katana pretty much like a baseball bat, just swing wide and hit a fleshy bit!

Yeah, the Katana is a great blade for armor because it's so sharp it actually sliced through the steel. Plus it's very heavy so can even dent plate armor with a glancing blow, but so fast it could deliver 3 strikes in the time it would take the average man to raise his blade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally don't mind that Tripwire is trying to, you know, make money; it's how companies stay afloat (*gasp*, you mean positive energy isn't all you need in life? Shocking, I know).

I hope Tripwire comes up with more cool free paid content, as long as the top tier stuff is still balanced to where I don't have to necessarily buy it right away to still win with my favorite strats.

I really hope the beta drops Tuesday. Also, I haven't seen this question answered yet, although asked quite a bit: will our current exp carry over into the beta? I would hope so or I will be sad :(

Upvote 0
I personally don't mind that Tripwire is trying to, you know, make money; it's how companies stay afloat (*gasp*, you mean positive energy isn't all you need in life? Shocking, I know).

I hope Tripwire comes up with more cool free paid content, as long as the top tier stuff is still balanced to where I don't have to necessarily buy it right away to still win with my favorite strats.

I really hope the beta drops Tuesday. Also, I haven't seen this question answered yet, although asked quite a bit: will our current exp carry over into the beta? I would hope so or I will be sad :(

Yes it will.

Upvote 0
i hope the sword has a bit higher damage than the pulverizer since it doesnt have the explosive alt fire. It'd be nice to have something that can kill gorefasts faster. Hopefully it can 1 shot headshot the blot cause that was my problem with the pulverizer; takes 2 shots to behead bloats where the shovel takes 1.

Upvote 0
i hope the sword has a bit higher damage than the pulverizer since it doesnt have the explosive alt fire. It'd be nice to have something that can kill gorefasts faster. Hopefully it can 1 shot headshot the blot cause that was my problem with the pulverizer; takes 2 shots to behead bloats where the shovel takes 1.

My guess is it'll decap bloats in 1 hit as they are weak to being cut I think. Essentially it's a bladed heavy weapon. I'm expecting similar range and speed to the hammer but it works better against enemies weak to cutting damage. I'd wager it's a nice one to have when you're against a Husk!

However that hammer is better against enemies that resist cutting damage, as it has blunt damage for one and also has that wonderful explosive heavy attack, an extra damage type which only scrakes resist I think.

It may be like the claymore in KF1 though, a really long sword which can lop off every head in a crowd.

Upvote 0
I think the sword will swing a bit faster, be more damaging to some things since it's slice vs blunt but lose out on a lot of knock back power and big guy potential since your not able to explode things anymore.

I know 2 people with the game so i will probably give it a try, however with the changes they are bringing to the eviscerator i may just go right to that in every game when i get the chance. Being able just to block, parry and having a laser site to roughly show where the saw blades will go will probably make it a lot more usable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm banking on the zweihander to have some pretty great range, impressive damage, but slow swinging. Just like the claymore back in KF1. Though I hope it's strong enough to cleave most of the trash mobs in twain. One of my favorite things about the knife and the katana is that cut the right way, you split zeds in half.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's exactly what gave it away for me too!

Everyone knows you use a katana pretty much like a baseball bat, just swing wide and hit a fleshy bit!

There's still a lot of finesse that goes into any swordsmanship: blocking, parrying, half-swording, stabbing, lunging, dodging...

Thank god we're fighting Zeds and all you need to do is swing really hard until something breaks, so finesse can kindly go **** itself.

Upvote 0

and on and on

They are adding a crap ton of paid content. We are promised 10 perks, 4 guns each, a patriarch and some more maps, the enemies they have are it as far as we know.

If TW decides to make a dlc, that adds additional 2 more perks(beyond the 10 promised) and an extra monster for $15, I have no problem because that is beyond what they promised me.

If TW decides to add a pulse rifle from aliens if you own colonial marines, than I am totally happy because they were never going to make that in the first place, and for aliens fans like me it is a dream come true, as is the Zweihander for sword buffs.

Complain when you have an incomplete game that you paid full price for. If TW were to release KF with only 8 perks with a day one dlc that gave the other 2 perks, then I would say you have a right to complain or if the zweihander is particularly unfitting (arbitrary, a lot of people on this forum wanted exactly this weapon) or unbalanced in a game/lore breaking way.

Upvote 0
It depends on what the Zweihander will be like. Being a sword, I assume it will do slashing damage which if that's the case, there is barely any point in considering using it over the Pulverizer. Unless there is something extra to it that has not been detailed as of yet, it will most likely be confined to the role of being a flashy gimmick with little substance.

You can choose the Zweihander which will do half damage to the top trio who are Scrakes, Fleshpounds and Hans. Or you can stick to the Pulverizer where the alt explosive hits do half damage to Scrakes, but bonus damage to Fleshpounds and is one of the better weapons for fighting Hans. So a tier 3 sword that costs 1100 dosh just so you can only do half damage to the big guys? Yeah, I for one am so not sold on that lol.

I'm not actually complaining about this though because a circumstantially-available weapon that was better than its sister default weapon of the same tier, would not be a wise move for TWI to make. I'm just saying that it's going to feel more like an exclusive addition to appease avid shoppers and/or Chivalry players than something that will do anything to affect the Berserker's arsenal or gameplay.

Upvote 0
Had quite the hiatus from KF2, but it looks like waiting was worthwhile looking at the size of this update. The first thing I want to try is a FB only game, I'm laughing at the thought of six firebugs circling around a scrake trying to hurriedly cook it to death
The crossover weapon sharing is nice, it seems quite generous that if only one person on a team of six qualifies for the weapon then everyone can purchase it

It depends on what the Zweihander will be like. Being a sword, I assume it will do slashing damage which if that's the case, there is barely any point in considering using it over the Pulverizer. Unless there is something extra to it that has not been detailed as of yet, it will most likely be confined to the role of being a flashy gimmick with little substance.

Depends if it's lighter than the pulv so you can use it with the eviscerator, I'm doubtful though since that thing is so bloody heavy. These swords are a lot lighter than you would think, only about 3kg (4-7lb), but I think the main thing is that it's likely going to be just so damn long compared to the katana. Lopping several zed's heads off at a time and having your effective range a little further than the pulverizer would be a nice change. I'm just glad I'll get to use a bladed weapon more often and actually progress a perk using it

Last edited:
Upvote 0