• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer - Hell on Earth Gameplay

You should read what the US Marine Corps said why they replaced the M249 with the M27 IAR. Especially what they said about precision.

Idc if they replace the m249 with something else in the marines. A m249 is accurate up to ~2300 feet, as are quite a lot of guns. When in Killing Floor, and any video game really besides Battlefield, do you shoot distances even close to that unless you are on a sniper based level? Even the sharpshooter perk in KF rarely shoots over 200-300 feet in Killing Floor. Most shots being within a 50-100 foot distance. At less than 50' you could hit crazy accurately with almost anything, and up to 300 feet, if the scope was sighted in, you would basically always hit as well (basically being as user error comes into play and not just the accuracy of the weapon). Yet in most video games they try and "balance" the m249 and other such weapons because they have a bigger supply of ammo before needing reloaded. All I was saying is they should not make it just SPRAY ammo everywhere. I mean we can start nit picking about how almost no one can shoot a pistol in real life as well as they do in the KF games at a distance, especially when dual wielding while under the stress of combat... so.. lol

Upvote 0
so PLEASE DO NOT try to do what most FPS games do and make it a super inaccurate weapon to make it more "fair".

The game is not using spread **** system like in lets say the Source based games. The rounds are coming out of your barrel so its up to you how "accurate" your weapon will be.

4. Add in an endless mode as well in which the traders are just always open and you need to use teamwork to be able to buy weapons and such and collect ammo while still being attacked. Or maybe just make it unlimited waves just to see how long you can last and ever 10 waves is a boss fight that gets harder every time you get to a 10 wave interval.

No, thats the worst and the most pointless game mode ever created. Basically if you commit suicide right after the start of the game you will achieve the same result if you play 'till the "end" lol...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, thats the worst and the most pointless game mode ever created. Basically if you commit suicide right after the start of the game you will achieve the same result if you play 'till the "end" lol...

You have no idea. If you suicide right at the beginning it will be much harder for your team mates. It works the same way like the normal survival, only the waves are endless.
One endless wave would be bad tho.

Upvote 0
But your team mates are gonna die anyway. Sooner or later, because the game will scale up until you can't take it anymore - you can't win, you die for sure. There's no point in playing that. Well, unless you are some masochist who play the games to lose lol
I agree with this ^

But from the other side, we all are living with the knowledge that we'll die sooner or later...

Upvote 0
But from the other side, we all are living with the knowledge that we'll die sooner or later...
oohh das so deep :0
I mean not really but I'm listening to some pretty funky music so everything is deep for me right now.
But I personally wouldn't be into infinite whatever, I'd probably play it if it were there, but I do like to have a goal, even if I don't reach it.

Upvote 0
But your team mates are gonna die anyway. Sooner or later, because the game will scale up until you can't take it anymore - you can't win, you die for sure. There's no point in playing that. Well, unless you are some masochist who play the games to lose lol

Ofc it would keep record how long you lasted and you can try to be better next time. Well like in L4D2 there is the timer and Bronze, Silver and Gold medals.
In KF it wouldn't measure time but waves. Different difficulties would affect the amount of waves required for each medal. And you would gain achievement for getting Gold medal on every map or something like that.
It is just for fun and to see who is the best.

Upvote 0
In both L4D games the Survival became laughable because I've found ways to easily reach 20-30 min easy, and on some maps even more than 60 minutes.

The Survival mode was fun for the first 2-3 weeks and after that EVERYBODY knew about these spots and then the hackers arrives and no one ever played this crap again because there was no point to compete. I don't want this to happen to KF.

Upvote 0
In both L4D games the Survival became laughable because I've found ways to easily reach 20-30 min easy, and on some maps even more than 60 minutes.

The Survival mode was fun for the first 2-3 weeks and after that EVERYBODY knew about these spots and then the hackers arrives and no one ever played this crap again because there was no point to compete. I don't want this to happen to KF.

Why not make it so that it's more about the number of zeds that were killed rather than a time limit? That not only improves the issue, (except for hackers) but fits the general theme of Killing Floor better than how long you survived would.

Upvote 0
This depends how the game works. Basically if there's some pre defined max amount of enemies per wave, no matter how much dmg they deal (even if its 1 hit kill), if there's some cheap way to deal with them, there won't be any point to compete again. Like if there's kitting again - the zerkers will just kite the specimens for as much as they want.

I am not sure how the game works. If it just spawns enemies 'till the point when you just can't handle it, thats fine. But if its with pre set 200-300 specimens, this can easily be kitted if this mechanic/exploit is still in the game.

Upvote 0
It's still interesting to me both in this thread and in the endless mode thread, that there are people who have never played a game for score...tried to improve to beat their own personal best times. But I guess I take for granted that it IS an older style of gameplay.

At any rate, I think a survival mode made by TWI would be better functioning than a random mod though. It'd require careful balancing and manipulation of the enemies stats. Unless someone out there who's in love with the idea of endless mode puts a lot of time and effort into it, cause a fun and functioning endless mode can't just be slapped together.

Upvote 0

Haha very valid. To me L4D and BO's were boring with their implementation, but at least L4D had an objective (not familiar with any PC mod implementations). BO's eventually scaled, unknown to the user, at a rapid rate where it turned into a running in circle knifing marathon.

If you want super hard long modes that resemble "endless" without actually being "endless", then shoot for a ridiculously high amount of waves. I remember Gears of War's version being 50 waves. It was an all day game and you didn't have a chance to get new people when they left a game. You want to suck players in and keep them making there be consequences for leaving. The difficulty should scale up every wave with enemy types and amounts, but offer a significant increase at something (i.e. damage, health increases) like every 5-10 waves depending on how many waves are implemented.

Gears did it right IMO. I've seen far too many games go past 10 waves that do it absolutely wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its not exactly all day game. It takes 4-5 hours on Insane. Thats for Gears 2 though, I don't know about the Horde in Gears 3, I had to sell my 360 after I finished the campaign so I never had the chance to try the MP :( But yeah I finished the Gears 2 Horde mode on Insane for 4 hours-something with 2 other friends, we weren't even full 4 players squad. We did it on Avalanche.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"health bars are annoying remove it"
This means no one have ever played commando in their entire killing floor experience and tripwire have to make mando more fun than "cod of doody pew pew" guy

for me, command just felt underpowered.. a pistol sharp can do the same as him, but better.. and might have a lar to dispose of scrakes, firens, husks without any fuzz

Upvote 0