• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

20 - 30 FPS with EVERYTHING on low.

According to the steam store the minimum requriments are barely that hard to get. So i taught to myself ill get this after Ostfront because i honestly LOVE tripwire. And i always have.

I read the minimum requirements ofcourse. And my computer passes them quite a fair bit. Now that means i would be able to run the game on the lowest settings with atleast 50 - 60 FPS or sometimes above.

However this is obvious bull****, As its not true. I have lowered my resolution and EVERYTHING completely to the lowest, The game looks like something from the 80's. But guess what. Still lagging, I even edited the ROengine.ini to literaly disable any graphical thing that takes up usage.

The game looks like utter ****, Im not even joking. And i still can't run it. Ill post specs below

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6200+ (2 CPUs), 2.83 GHz
Nvidia 9800 GT with 512 MB
4GB of RAM

I have my drivers updated to the latest, I installed all the drivers after first trying out RO2.

My normal temperatures for the specs are between 25 - 35 Celsius, In rare occasions it goes up to 40 or slightly above.

So, EXPLAIN why i can't run this on low without 30+ FPS?

I think you CPU is to low.
i play with me notebook, and i have 30-40 fps on all maps.

CPU i3-380M 2,53 GHz
GPU ati hd 5650
4GB Ram
win7 64bit

me config is:

1400x1050
detail mode - low
character mode - low
tex. quali - high
shadow quali - mid (low-crash)
Fx - low
AA - off
Post process. - med
Light quali. - low
Foliage - med (low- tex. probs)

bloom, blur etc. all off.

Game looks good, have no crashes and no other propblems.

Upvote 0
I think you CPU is to low.
i play with me notebook, and i have 30-40 fps on all maps.

CPU i3-380M 2,53 GHz
GPU ati hd 5650
4GB Ram
win7 64bit

me config is:

1400x1050
detail mode - low
character mode - low
tex. quali - high
shadow quali - mid (low-crash)
Fx - low
AA - off
Post process. - med
Light quali. - low
Foliage - med (low- tex. probs)

bloom, blur etc. all off.

Game looks good, have no crashes and no other propblems.

It seems like you haven't read the thread, Maybe you should say " I think your CPU is not good " to those who get 15 FPS with a 6 Core one buddy :rolleyes:

Also the FPS you get for low and stuff is pretty unstable aswell.

Upvote 0
According to the steam store the minimum requriments are barely that hard to get. So i taught to myself ill get this after Ostfront because i honestly LOVE tripwire. And i always have.

I read the minimum requirements ofcourse. And my computer passes them quite a fair bit. Now that means i would be able to run the game on the lowest settings with atleast 50 - 60 FPS or sometimes above.

However this is obvious bull****, As its not true. I have lowered my resolution and EVERYTHING completely to the lowest, The game looks like something from the 80's. But guess what. Still lagging, I even edited the ROengine.ini to literaly disable any graphical thing that takes up usage.

The game looks like utter ****, Im not even joking. And i still can't run it. Ill post specs below

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6200+ (2 CPUs), 2.83 GHz
Nvidia 9800 GT with 512 MB
4GB of RAM

I have my drivers updated to the latest, I installed all the drivers after first trying out RO2.

My normal temperatures for the specs are between 25 - 35 Celsius, In rare occasions it goes up to 40 or slightly above.

So, EXPLAIN why i can't run this on low without 30+ FPS?

I think the problem here is the graphic card , I have too a 9800 GT and my FPS is the same but with a CPU and less RAM .

Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: - Windows XP Pro sp3 32bit

Exact Processor Model: - Intel Core 2 QUAD CPU Q6600 2,40GHZ

Exact Video Card Model: - NVIDIA GForce GT 9800 (1024 MB)

Amount of Ram: - 2 GB DDR2

Programs running : Steam , Fraps , Panda Internet Security

Average frames on appartaments alone: Ultra 8/15
High 15/23
Medium 22/27
Low 23/28
Lowest 25/30

The recomended graphic card for RO2 is a GTX260 , it has 192 "Cuda" precessors , GT 9800 only has 112 and aslo the other caracteristicars are lower than the GTX260 , also you need to have in mind that is just recomended to run the game in conditions not to run the game in max settings ...

Some people is complaining about how RO2 runs bad in with his graphic card ... they should just take a look to his graphics cards specifications becasue some of them are really bad ... that your graphics card is newer than others and that it comes with an higer number in his name means nothing ... it's just marketing ... for example all Geforce 400 models from 410 to 450 are worst than a GTX 260 , and all Gforce 300 series are worst than a GTX 260 .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dual core e5200
4 gigs ram.

haven't checked fps cuz i just play+dont whine+still rape everyone.

runs kind of ****ty. im just ordering a new mobo/cpu. upgrading to a x4 955 black edition. 5770 should run this game fine on low/medium. i know people with i7's or really good cpus get **** perfomance also. but saying that doesnt change the fact that you have an outdated processor. their problems with their cpu are barely related to yours. sure, this game needs some optimization, obviously. but it will barely help someone with your type of cpu. just get mommy to upgrade your ****, kid.

Upvote 0
dual core e5200
4 gigs ram.

haven't checked fps cuz i just play+dont whine+still rape everyone.

runs kind of ****ty. im just ordering a new mobo/cpu. upgrading to a x4 955 black edition. 5770 should run this game fine on low/medium. i know people with i7's or really good cpus get **** perfomance also. but saying that doesnt change the fact that you have an outdated processor. their problems with their cpu are barely related to yours. sure, this game needs some optimization, obviously. but it will barely help someone with your type of cpu. just get mommy to upgrade your ****, kid.

You are fine with an obviously poorly optimized game, we aren't.

I am willing to accept that a game is beyond my hardware, but this game is not. Don't even begin to tell me that an ATI 5850 and a 4.2 quad core are too outdated for this game.

We're having legitimate issues with the game running poorly on even the lowest settings, that doesn't make us whiners, or you any cooler for trying to dismiss a real problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are fine with an obviously poorly optimized game, we aren't.

I am willing to accept that a game is beyond my hardware, but this game is not. Don't even begin to tell me that an ATI 5850 and a 4.2 quad core are too outdated for this game.

We're having legitimate issues with the game running poorly on even the lowest settings, that doesn't make us whiners, or you any cooler for trying to dismiss a real problem.

Agreed, I beat the recommended specs by a mile, so I should at least be able to play the game on high with more than 15 fps.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have no answers, yet, but do offer some hope.....

I was also finding this game unplayable with fps somewhere between 20-30 FPS regardless of the level I set graphics quality to.

Specs: WinXP 32bit, Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz, Nvidia 560, 4GB RAM.

I went intot he NVidia control panel and, specifically for RO2, set anything to do with antialiasing OFF, turned threaded optimisation ON

After this fairly random tweaking, I was able to play the grain silo map at 70 - 90 FPS with FoV at 70 and all quality settings at MEDIUM (apart from low shadows). No .ini tweaks involved.

I'll try and post all my NVidia control panel settings later.

Upvote 0
I almost even wish I had a steady 30 fps.

My issue os that, especially on the new maps. my fps changes withing the ranges of 10 to 80 fps, like 10 times a minute. Those dips are really noticable and almost make the game unplayable.

This is a big part of the problem.

The FPS Dipping/Changing. It never stays at a STATIC number no matter what happens. And it's honestly VERY annoying.

Alot of people have this problem, Once you actualy see how many do have this problem. It's hard to say " It's just my computer "

I dont know why they took the UT3 engine. The engine itself hasn't been the most optimized thing ever.

Im off to RO: Ostrfront until Red Orchestra 2 completely comes out.

Upvote 0
Read my post over here. By changing the Sound setting in the ini you can almost double or even triple your FPS and even have a steady number.

You must check the box for 1 frame lag and framerate smoothing and you'll be golden at 30+ solid FPS. Obviously better with better hardware. If you uncheck these two boxes and do the Sound change you can have 100+ FPS but the fluctuation from that to 50 will be very noticeable.

Read Here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=60772

Look for my posts from the middle to the last post about SOUND and how you can tweak for your own settings to get a happy number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Read my post over here. By changing the Sound setting in the ini you can almost double or even triple your FPS and even have a steady number.

You must check the box for 1 frame lag and framerate smoothing and you'll be golden at 30+ solid FPS. Obviously better with better hardware. If you uncheck these two boxes and do the Sound change you can have 100+ FPS but the fluctuation from that to 50 will be very noticeable.

Read Here: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=60772[/URL]

Look for my posts from the middle to the last post about SOUND and how you can tweak for your own settings to get a happy number.

Reading this made me really happy. A successful tweak for RO2 you say? DO WANT!

Ill check that out so damn soon. Can't wait to see if it works.

Upvote 0

Read Here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=60772http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=60772

After a test of the 8th channel, It has not improved my FPS by even the slightest number. Unfortuneatly.

It has disorted just about every sound, I barely hear myself breathe. Hear other people shoot and such. Its rather pain in the ***. I appriciate your help tough. It's very kind of you guys.:rolleyes:

Edit: I dont seem to be able to go back to 32 channels. It always goes back to 8 now. So my sound is always messed up .. So much for tweaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It really is strange, your specs shouldn't runs the game so poorly. My specs:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2ghz
4gb DDR3
ATI HD5570 (worse than a NVidia 9800gtx)
Windows 7 64bits

Running with everything on Medium, no tweaks on .ini, no AA.

Here the performance on every map after the patch is 60 when looking at close walls, 50-40 indoors and 30 outdoors.

Before the patch i managed to get a slightly better performance after cleaning the PC, my C: drive was almost full so i removed many programs to give room for the Virtual Memory, cleaned temp folders and many things.

Upvote 0
sorry to say it but, this game is already dying because of these issues. 4k people online when beta first launched, now most of the time i see under 900 and maybe only 5 servers with more than 10 people in them

Exactly this. At the releast this game is gonna have as many servers as RO1 atleast. Maybe a little more .. I really belive in this too.

The issues turn people off and people dont have time for this. Thus they stop playing it. I noticed that MOST servers were actualy quite empty.

Upvote 0