• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

20 - 30 FPS with EVERYTHING on low.

game is very cpu depending i read here, some users like me with a good cpu have 60 FPS.

I have 50-60 every setting is on ultra except shadow are on medium-

with high shadow i have 40-60 frames.

GTX470 and [email protected] Ghz.

1 or 64 Players on the map dont matter.

I've an i5 760 4Ghz and GTX 570 and i run the game between 25-40 fps =/
I don't think the cpu is in cause ^^

Upvote 0
I've done some experimenting, and I'm just going to post here in case anyone wants to compare.

Overclocking my CPU up 900Mhz got me about 5 more fps. I've measured this and the others in default spectator camera angles on an empty barracks, always the same server etc.

Between everything on low and everything on ultra (the sliders) there's a 20FPS difference. Shadows steal most, with about ten, details steal the rest with about another ten depending on the scene. Movement always temporarily sinks fps though.

Upvote 0
I have a fairly modest system similar to the OP.

AMD X2 250 3.0 GHz Dual Core
Radeon 4770 512 MB
4 GB Ram
Windows 7

I run with most things on high, 1920x1080 resolution, with 30+ fps.

Well actually I use Custom settings and set Detail, Character, and Texture to High. Post-Processing, Foliage, Lighting, Anti-Aliasing, and Shadows to Low. Turned off Bloom. This way I get the model and texture details, but sacrifice the really fancy effects.

I'm happy with the way it runs on my system. I don't know why some of these guys with better hardware than me can't seem to run the game. Whatever problem you are having it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone.

A 9800GT is no better than a 7800GTX.

I would be willing to bet a beer that the 9800GT is better. The 7800GTX is more than half a decade old. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AMD Phenom II 1090T (6 Core) Overclocked to 3.7ghz on all cores.
16 Gig RAM
Windows 7 Ultra x64
Nvidia 480GTX
Asus Crosshair IV motherboard
24" Dell 2407WFP (1920*1200)

Game settings - Everything on ULTRA
30+ FPS not much higher but game runs smooth as silk in full 64 player server.

Some graphics cards work better when on higher settings. If I were to put mine down on low the game runs for crap. So the key is turn things up even higher than what you'd expect for some video cards.

I noticed too, many of the cards are like 9800GT or GTS etc. these are cut down cards for pricing reasons. 512MB cards are long gone and not even worth the money. Most cards today are 1500MB or higher. These are the cards you should be using.

I know what they give for minimum requirements but you should always use their recommended not minimum for any game, anything below recommended just simply asks for poor game play.

To try and help try turning off BLOOM this was always an issue with RO. Also turn off particle setting also turn off all AA or AF but turn up the other settings. These have always been problems in all games for FPS. You can also turn off Indexing in Windows and any Disk defragging tools. These have always been game killers. Also some Anti-Virus and Malware programs can cause issues. Disable these while you play to see what they may do to help. I never used Anti-Virus or Malware programs and have never had issues. Make sure all drivers are up to date and your Windows is fully patched.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's the game, it's not even that it's poorly optimized, it's straight up broken.

I get 15-60fps on medium with

AMD phenom II x4 945 at 3.2ghz
two gtx 460s in SLI

I get 40-70fps in bad company 2 100% maxed with 8AA

I literally get a higher framerate in crysis warhead totally maxed than I do with this game.

I'm not exactly concerned that it's not going to get better because this obviously a bug. But I am concerned that it's not going to be fixed for release. this would be very bad for this game if they released it like this.

Upvote 0
I did some testing with aida64 logging cpu/gpu/memory usage last night while playing a round on ROfactory and then a round Barracks, this was done at 1080p with everything maxed except shadows which was on high and with FPS smoothing off.

Rig.
Phenom II X4 @ 3.875ghz, 4gb DDR 1666 CL9 Ram, GTX 480 @ 850/1700/4000 & Win 7 x64.

Total Cpu Usage = Average 42.7% (Highest Recorded = 61%).
Core 1 = Average 62.9%. (Highest Recorded = 90%).
Core 2 = Average 29.7%. (Highest Recorded = 43%).
Core 3 = Average 29.9%. (Highest Recorded = 47%).
Core 4 = Average 48.4%. (Highest Recorded = 74%)
Maximum Used Ram = 2945mb.

GPU Usage = Average 40.8%. (Highest Recored = 64%)
Maximum Used GPU Ram = 698mb.

I've looked through the entire log file and the above seems about right.
--
During this time the framerate went from as low as 20fps to a max of 50fps (very unstable), it seems as though the game just doesn't want to use all the available resources to keep a high constant framerate. Most of the time it seems at least 50% of my CPU is just sitting there doing nothing, the same goes for the GPU as usage is all over the place from a minimum usage of 32% to a maximum of 64%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Runs pretty poor on my system too.

Win 7 Ultimate 64
Intel i7-920
12GB PC1600 DD3 Corsair XMS3 ram
Gigabyte 5870 Super Overclock 1GB x2 Crossfire
Dell U2711

Granted I am running 2560x1440, which is about 60% more pixels than 1920x1200, but the game just runs poor as heck.
I have managed to get crossfire SORT of working, not sure if it's working 100% though, using RadeonPro I have set up a profile for ROgame.exe that turns the Crossfire profile to AFR and uses the Brothers In Arms Hells Highway crossfire profile. Also have Vsync set to "Always Off" on that profile as I do use Vsync in some other games and don't want to have to switch in CCC every time I want to play this game.

That said, on Barracks I have had times where I see the framerate up near 60-70 but then the battle starts and it dips WAY DOWN to the low 30's. Strangely enough there is a lot of what feels like stuttering in this range. I have played 30fps on other maps where it feels smooth but on Barracks it stutters like hell.

I don't have the most modern CPU or graphics cards anymore but I don't think a solid 50 fps framerate should be too hard for my system to pull... It doesn't however

Oh, settings.
Texture and Detail on High, everything else on medium. All the detail checkboxes are off.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is an option for Intel users, but AMD users should check if their memory runs ganged or unganged.
This should be unganged for multi-threaded programs, just like RO:HOS.
Programs that actually use multiple cores benefit from this mode.

Don't ask me to explain this. I got it from the forums at Overclock.net and every motherboard has a different BIOS setup. I know the BIOS on my PC, not yours.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-memory/324052-ganged-vs-unganged-mode.html

Anyway, I changed this to ganged just to test it and I lose 10fps (from 30-35 fps) in Barracks

I have a Phenom I, X3 8750 BE @2,8GHz (back to 2.4GHz = -5fps)
4 GB PC 6400 (800MHz) (Unganged mode)
ATI HD4890 1GB (256bit)
VIA HD onboard sound

Quality settings on medium
All bottom options off (going to try with bloom this evening)

had 40-50 fps on Appartments
30-40 fps on Fallen Fighters
didn't play Gumrak
30-35 on Barracks (dips to about 15-20 when arty is partying...)
Not played on the other 2 maps enough to have a decent reading.
I tried a lot of tweaking...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also of note, the game does not seem to take advantage of hyperthreading. Not sure what impact this would have on real performance but I have some games run all 8 threads solid and some games only run the initial ones.

RO2 only has my main logical cores working and the HT threads sit there with 0 activity.

Upvote 0