• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

20 - 30 FPS with EVERYTHING on low.

How are you guys measuring fps? Is there a console cmd?

I am getting very poor results since last patch. My rig is showing its age, but i was able to play Apartments with 64 people on med/high settings before the patch but now even the lowest settings on smaller 32 man servers is unplayable.

AMD 710 X3 2.6 ghz
WIN 7 64 bit
4 gig ram
5770 1 gig

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat, I get about 15-35 FPS after the update on a medium setting (some times 50 when just staring at a wall). I got AA on medium, processing on normal, and most boxes like light shafts ticked. Before the update it was always 15-20FPS on any setting. My specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II Quad-Core at 2.22GHz
Card: ATi HD 6550M
RAM: 8 gb

Is my laptop low-end or mid?

Upvote 0
How are you guys measuring fps? Is there a console cmd?

I am getting very poor results since last patch. My rig is showing its age, but i was able to play Apartments with 64 people on med/high settings before the patch but now even the lowest settings on smaller 32 man servers is unplayable.

AMD 710 X3 2.6 ghz
WIN 7 64 bit
4 gig ram
5770 1 gig

Type "stat fps" (without the quotation-marks of course) in console or use FRAPS :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the same boat...

My system is not upto date but it should be able to run this game with ease in low-medium settings and before the recent patch adding the 3 new maps that was infact true i was playing with no graphical lag but now since the patch be it on low or medium settings its just stuttering all the time...

The recent Deus Ex HR was running in Medium - High no problems, so something isnt right with the latest patch...

AMD Dual Core 2.83Ghz
4GB Ram
GTX 460 OC
Win 7 64bit

Upvote 0
I have a quadcore system with a 24 months old gfx. Considering that this does not look better than UT3, in fact worse, I should be getting stable 40s when I put everything on low. Appearently, I don't. I happen to get a wild range between drops to 15 and quiet 80 whatever level of detail. It's a jerky engine with jerky controlls. And a jerky miminum requirements list. I can pump up the visuals, that only makes it crash even faster. Lot's of apologists in here as well. Paid a lot of Euros for a deluxe edition of a game that does nothing but freeze, bug out, lag, behave contrary to expectations, and would it work, god I think it's actually rather boring. Realism still means complex movement controls here. They should have went with a different engine for starters. Do RO3 on a call of duty enginge and leave the console constrains behind. That would be a tight, fluid game.

Upvote 0
As you can see TWI people with good rigs have very bad performance. Even those who pass the recommended settings.

This game is coming out in a week, If it isnt properly optimized by then. I will completely uninstall it and never start it again. I regret that i actualy bought this .. The FPS is horrid, Just awful. I know its a beta. But considering the release is coming VERY soon.. I fear nothing will change.

I'm not gonna be an asshole and say i want a refund, TWI sort of deserves the money .. Atleast they tried.

Reactions: NightriderAOF
Upvote 0
It's not right when the developers saying that RO2 is not very CPU-bounded.
With my old Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @2,8GHZ was the game nearly unplayable.
Now with my new Athlon II X4 640 3,0GHZ is the game at least playable...but still with "CPU-Lags".

I know, we wanted the beta quickly, but I'm asking me what Tripwire did the last 8 months.
The game looks like in the PAX 2010.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where you are afraid to look around a corner in fear of a performance drop.

This!This!

This is exactly how I feel. And I see that it's affected the way I play. I always run into the nearest building I see.

Not because I'd afraid to get sniped outside, but because I'm affraid I have to turn around and my fps drops by 80% to 10 (and often gets me killed)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got 60-70 FPS with my rig:

2500k @ 4Ghz
4 Gigs DDR3
260GTX

GFX Card is definitely bottlenecking and I'm upgrading to 570 soon. But still it very good playable. Settings all on highest, except for AA

I have a feeling that this game is more CPU dependent than most people believe. I have these same exact specs except that i have a E6850 core 2 duo @ 3.4ghz. I get anywhere from 20-50 fps with an average of the low 30's. Using MSI Afterburner to check GPU usage it never goes above 60% and is usually at 35-40%. This tells me that there is some kind of software bug that's limiting usage or that my CPU cannot keep up with this game while my GPU, although older, should be able to and at least get me playable (60+) frame rates with the lower settings.

Upvote 0
It doesn't seem so. The game only uses about 14% of my I7 @3.6

Certainly, but that's an i7 (bonus points if its Sandy Bridge) which is a very powerful processor so i wouldn't expect a game to tax it that much. My point is that it has been said by the devs that this is a GPU dependent game, but their are many people who have GPU's more powerful than mine who are experiencing horrible frame rates, some even worse than what i get even though their graphics card is faster. This tells me that those without a very new quad core (i.e. new Sandy Bridge or the Bloomfield i5's or i7's) are experiencing CPU lag. I dont know much about the AMD Phenom line except that they are generally less capable than a similar Intel offering but i would assume a X4 should outperform my dual core, even though i see people with thoes processors that get just as bad frames as i do with a similar gfx card.

Upvote 0