• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

***Your Favourite Beer***

wow people that actually like things like heineken need to open their horizon, in belgium we call it catpiss.

jupiler.bmp

the "popular" beer in belgium would be jupiler but i would take a cristal alken beer anytime over that. the only beer i really enjoy when drinking it.

Cristal%20Alken.jpg

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
Probably the one beer that has rocked my world totally is Old Rasputin:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412
It's a Russian Imperial Stout. Really heavy, heavy beer. Usually only good for one, maybe two if you're feeling like superman. But the number of flavors packed into this are amazing. It's proof that the American beer industry can keep up with our Euro counterparts. :)
Unfortunately I bought a case of this one time and totally burnt myself out on it.

For my general, go-to drinking beer, it's usually Yuengling's lager. It's not spectacular but it's cheap and about a million times better than Bud or Millers or anything.

For the macrobrew, mainstream beer though, I can tolerate Bud Light or Miller High Life (the Champagne of Beers ;) ).

Upvote 0
Putz & Hype, let me tell you a story...

When I first moved over to the East of France.
I saw rising above the roofs of Strasbourg, chimneys, hosting name's like : Kronenbourg, Heineken, Fischer and a few more besides.
If Munich is the Capital of beer, Strasbourg is a very good 2nd.
Cheers.

A Fischer for me

Upvote 0
Thread deserves a bump. Too many great beers, and stories to go with them...

Right now, I'm enjoying a Dogfish Head Burton Baton (oak-aged IPA). Truely epic. If you find it somewhere, buy it...you wont regret it.

And at the moment I have 2 bottles left of my own Oktoberfest lager left, a batch of Brown Ale (my pathetic attempt at a Northern Brown Ale...think Newcastle) and a Maibock Lager (another 3+ months for this one!). If things all fall into place, they'll both be on tap...

Upvote 0
aye good bump matie.

I just had a bottle not a week and a half ago of Innis & gunn 21 year single malt whiskey cask. sweeter and more fruity, and very buttery, but overall another great innis & gunn.

And from a local brewery called half pints the seasonal beer is 'burly wine' a 5$ bottle of barley wine, 10.5 %. Very enjoyable.

I need to go down to the states on a beer buying trip the Local LC does not have enough variety... ( some 50 ish different kinds ).

I also recently tried asahi a super dry beer from the phillipines, had an interesting flavour to it, better then the local mass produced shyte...

Upvote 0
Well, if it's regular local beers, my favourite is one called "Polar", but my top favourite is one called "Eisenbaum" or something like this, that is kinda expensive and I can only find it in Irish pubs in my town, although it's made on a German colony nearby. The Uruguayan "Patricia" is also one of the best IMO :D
Very few European beers tasted I have.

Upvote 0