• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Locking The Build For Content Update

Huh, interesting. I've not played above Hard yet.

Which other Zed weapons are difficulty-specific?

Certain zed gain different specific attacks above hard. Gorefast, Husk, Stalkers and Crawlers only come to mind that gain alternate attack patterns.

Stalkers gain extra attacks that are difficult to shoot the head. Ninja flipping while she hits you.

Crawlers do the same at close range.

Husk fires their cannon in a flame thrower after the normal fire ball attack.

Gorefast do an attack in a 180 swipe that cant be dodged

Upvote 0
Certain zed gain different specific attacks above hard. Gorefast, Husk, Stalkers and Crawlers only come to mind that gain alternate attack patterns.

Stalkers gain extra attacks that are difficult to shoot the head. Ninja flipping while she hits you.

Crawlers do the same at close range.

Husk fires their cannon in a flame thrower after the normal fire ball attack.

Gorefast do an attack in a 180 swipe that cant be dodged
Clots and Slashers have the dash and jumping attacks plus the rolling around then springing slash attacks.

I don't think the other type of Clots have any new attacks on Suicidal and HOE, they're too busy falling down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm so hyped for this Update right now.

Many Players will come back. Specially when Sharpshooter is out.

Yea the weapon swap speed alone will enable so many new builds for almost all perks to be explored and perfected that it's worth to come back for this change alone.

Just think about how you can all of a sudden clear trash as a commando with backup-9mm so have the spare ammo in your main weapons to go fully-auto on anything that's more dangerous than a bloat!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did how we get to pick zeds get addressed officially? That's going to make or break being a zed, especially since most die so easily. If it's random for all of them like theorized then... No.
Yea the weapon swap speed alone will enable so many new builds for almost all perks to be explored and perfected that it's worth to come back for this change alone.

Just think about how you can all of a sudden clear trash as a commando with backup-9mm so have the spare ammo in your main weapons to go fully-auto on anything that's more dangerous than a bloat!

Balance and gameplay tweaks usually don't increase the player count. It's new things to play with and ways to play. The population spike that'll come from the latest content update is because of the new weapons and probably pvp modes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here comes the endless kitting again... *sigh*
Yes, but, what would you rather have: Endless kiting, or the party getting wiped without being able to do anything about it because the game decided to spawn nothing but scrakes and flesh pounds for the last five or so enemies?

Personally, I'll take "endless kiting" (whatever that's even supposed to mean) over everyone getting blended into mulch because nothing other than a whole team of demo-men can successfully handle five consecutive perma-raging flesh pounds.

Upvote 0
If we can't handle it, we simply can't, I am totally ok with that. I'll rather die than sit and watch 25-30 min zerk/med kitting the last 5 zeds.

You're getting endless kiting with the Perma rage either way. That last player will try to survive trying to finish the final few. At least with the perma rage gone, people have a decent chance finishing the wave and continuing where it was left off.

Upvote 0
New bullet2body reaction, xbox second POV for scope, support balance, faster weapon switch and no perma-rage is enough to get excited. Not really happy that versus and conductor is being made so early in development, but it's still nice to try it sooner then later. Keep up the work guys, with sharpshooter being finished the game will be pretty much release status in my head. The rest of it I can wait whenever you wish to implement.

Upvote 0

If you're too impatient to watch that one-two last player(s) trying to survive, you can always just disconnect and find another game. It's essentially identical to the alternative of instant wipe - this game ends, another one starts. The only difference is that the rest of the people can stay and continue that match if they choose to.

Upvote 0
As someone who primarily plays hoe, I feel like they should be making it way harder. For normal, hard and survival taking permarage away is fine but leave it for hoe. It needs to be very difficult. For me and my friends hoe wasn't that challenging even with perms raged zeds at the end so I think ot should be one of those exclusive difficulty things.

Upvote 0

I'm not sure. The situation is different than a year ago (almost).
Before, people would not "end" a wave and let a single zed alive in order to build up their armor and look for ammo box/weapon.

But, now, regenerating armor has been nerfed. Ammo box/weapon spawn are almost inexistent.

So, basically, there is almost no reason anymore not to finish a Wave quickly.

Regarding the kitting, other zed will still rage. FP will rage as normal. But it will not kill you by hitting you all the time without a break. So, yeah, maybe a little more kiting (healing and attacking back the FP) but if it allows the whole team to win the Wave, it's not a problem.

Let's see how it tuns out !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For normal, hard and survival taking permarage away is fine but leave it for hoe.

I guess you've subconsciously mixed up survival and suicidal like I always do...

In my opinion, there need to be a few more difficulties in the mix. One even harder than HOE for when you basically have a team of hardened veterans who want to try-hard and still be particularly challenged. Maybe even an adaptive difficulty which gets arbitrarily harder and harder every time you've beaten it so that there's extra replay-ability for the squads who can beat HOE every time without fail. I'm sure many of those teams would then go on to "unlock" those bad-*** difficulties and see how far they can push it and feel proud to say that their squads have hit whatever score on the Richter scale of difficulty...

The other difficulty I feel should be added is one between hard and suicidal as I feel the gap may be too big for players who feel they're beginning to master hard and want a new challenge. I reckon that's why so many people are getting kicked from suicidal servers and are confused about why the hell they even died at times...

Upvote 0
The lime green kill list on the right in the webms really sticks out against the theme of the rest of the HUD, hope that format is tweaked. And combining "alpha clot alpha clot alpha clot" into "alpha clot x3" would be great.

In KF1 the kill feed changed his color depending on how many kills you did.
For example: killing 10 clots at once the text color would be red.

Upvote 0
"Removed recoil kick when jumping and firing"

There goes my favorite off perk weapon and its kick *** mechanics with non typical applications. Very sad.

Everything else looks A++, am much excite!

Once I killed 3 or 4 scrakes alone (and all at the same time with perma-rage) in a 6-man hoe with this and 40+ ammo. It was half the reason I used the boomstick as a secondary or off-perk weapon. But it DID cause a lot of exploits that must have been and would always be annoying everytime maps were released so... It seems like a 'cut your infected hand off to not lose your arm or life' kind of situations. :(

Upvote 0