• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Locking The Build For Content Update

I am pretty sure it was confirmed that the patch will not be coming out this week. Heck, I would be surprised if we get it next weekend. QA takes a while, and this is a whole new game mode. Knowing TWI, they would polish the thing for a spotless release. Though I would rather they release buggy builds and let the community do QA in the spirit of Early Access, I do respect their practice of ensuring a quality product.

They already get enough **** with the 'slow' content update, the last thing they want are constant messages of "THIS ISNT WORKING" "WHAT IS THIS BULL****" "MY GAME WONT RUN" etc etc

Upvote 0
As someone who primarily plays hoe, I feel like they should be making it way harder. For normal, hard and survival taking permarage away is fine but leave it for hoe. It needs to be very difficult. For me and my friends hoe wasn't that challenging even with perms raged zeds at the end so I think ot should be one of those exclusive difficulty things.
Do you usually kite or defend a position in HoE? I think how much easier its gotten has a lot to do with the player's heightened mobility with sprint. IMO tripwire shouldn't be adding cheap stuff like perma rage that only affects the team at the end of the round and instead nerf the player's mobility

Upvote 0
Once I killed 3 or 4 scrakes alone (and all at the same time with perma-rage) in a 6-man hoe with this and 40+ ammo. It was half the reason I used the boomstick as a secondary or off-perk weapon. But it DID cause a lot of exploits that must have been and would always be annoying everytime maps were released so... It seems like a 'cut your infected hand off to not lose your arm or life' kind of situations. :(
In a reddit thread tripwire explained they would not be removing DBS double jumping, but they would make it so your recoil when you are aiming wouldn't go retarded high.

Upvote 0
In a reddit thread tripwire explained they would not be removing DBS double jumping, but they would make it so your recoil when you are aiming wouldn't go retarded high.

That's good to know. I was playing supp and demo the last couple of days to enjoy this for the 'last time'. Yesterday this allowed me to be the last guy on a HoE 4p game as a demo versus the patty and win. :) Was a nice way to finish off the last achievable achievement.

Upvote 0
Watched stream about VS Survival today. Wow, just wow. Looks perfectly well even in early stage of development. I see, this game mode requires from players of both teams a lot of tactics for reaching victory. Can't wait to try it out. And so much action were shown during stream! Good job. I guess the Scrake is most difficult to play, since it have small attack angle (as I saw in video, seems so) and person that controlled Scrake had some difficulties in targeting it seems.

Upvote 0