• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WOW game runs amazing (after new patch)

hardware (Alienware m11x R3)
cpu: I7 2617
ram: 8 gigs
graphics: gt540m 2gig

before the patch i was getting 12 - 25 fps in pretty much any settings...

post patch i get 30+ fps on ultra even in firefights n such at 1280 x 760 (too lazy to change the rez to my native in the ini)

very pleased with the update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know whats going on, but my FPS and performance was better before todays patch. It was better before the other patch also. Seems like every time a patch comes out my FPS takes a hit. My rig should be more than capable on running everything smoothly on ultra (and I did before the last patch!!! :confused:) Its a week old with the newist drivers and I built it solely just to run this game on ultra...

Ive heard losts of people saying theyve had a increase in performance and FPS, and it seems like theyre crossfire and ATI users. I havent really heard anything from the Nvidia crowd.

Im really hoping the game hasnt been fully optimized for Nvidia and later a patch or some new drivers will get this game running like it should. I dont understand why everything ran fine yesterday on ultra and today it barely runs it on high (default) in game.

Upvote 0
I have the same rig as you and I still get 15-30 in Pavlov on medium-high :(

EDIT: could you please show me a pic of your video settings?

Hm, that sucks :(
Here are my settings: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010218775/screenshot/595822615457325740?tab=public (EDIT: But.. Light Shafts is normaly off... don't know why it was on^^)

Maybe it can help you.
Btw, maybe clean up your pc? defrag etc? Newest nvidia drivers?

@Nox: I don't think so. I always tried to change FOV before the patch. Had no huge difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My performance is generally higher with this patch, though I have noticed some weird stuttering that I never had before in previous versions. Overall all though, performance is slightly better.

Artillery stuttering is still a major issue, though, and changing my FX detail doesn't have any effect.

Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0
Have you guys checked the amount of soundchannels?
I wasn't able to increase the amount in the game menu.
I could change it in the .ini though. I noticed arty "fps dips" were nearly gone.
Changed 2 sound settings, to be sure

Under [XAudio2.XAudio2Device] I changed MaxChannels to 64.
and under [ALAudio.ALAudioDevice] I also changed the MaxChannels to 64.

Downloading the patch right now.

Upvote 0
Great Work Tripwire!

Great Work Tripwire!

Great Work Tripwire!

There i said it, originally a nay sayer i slagged off the early release builds of RO2 Beta badly, needed to come on here & say that since the latest updates the game difference is like night & day, RO2 now stands head & shoulders above my first love RO Ostfront.

Thank you,

That is all.

Upvote 0
stuttering regularly for me too - didn't do it prior to patch.
Will delete .ini and see if it helps.

edit: deleted ini but no change, stutters kinda like lag but no-one else is lagging and I only really get this when I encounter action...even just a one on one encounter.

My card is crap: GT8800 but I was getting 40 - 60 (no stutter) before this patch...go figure.

Time for a new card anyway :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0