• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WOW game runs amazing (after new patch)

To whom it applies, I just have to ask: what is the point of telling everyone what your fps is, listing your system specs and game settings, etc., without telling us what resolution you use?

Please, before you post, remember to include your resolution! Thanks!

i'm a culprit, running 1920x1080. but, lower resolutions don't boost performance much for me.

Upvote 0
I don't know a whole lot about the performance side of the game(the guy sitting next to me does), but I do know that the reason that frame rate tanking and GPU utilization going down happen together is because there are too many Draw Calls in a number of situations and we're over using the Rendering Thread on the CPU. We have drastically reduced the number of Draw Calls in the worst cases, but we definitely haven't "fixed" the whole problem. We'll be continuing this process post release.

Upvote 0
reason that frame rate tanking and GPU utilization going down happen together is because there are too many Draw Calls in a number of situations and we're over using the Rendering Thread on the CPU.

You said it all.

I charge and run at enemy, and my poor Dual Core is doing great.

And then suddenly enemy reveals himself and opens with PPsh or artillery comes pounding and both cores are at 100%.
And it's just a for a fraction of second, but I have no mouse control for that short period of time. So it brakes immersion and makes me die.

That's my main problem with game performance. Other then that I can run settings pretty high except PostProccessing which I keep at low and also FX.

We have drastically reduced the number of Draw Calls in the worst cases, but we definitely haven't "fixed" the whole problem. We'll be continuing this process post release.

:IS2::IS2:

Yes please. Maybe even take a rest for a day or two :D

Upvote 0
I have to go back on what I said earlier about the game running smooth after that last patch.

I know we now have the full release but I'm pretty sure it's technically the same as the last beta update aside from unlocks and so on.

I noticed that I'm getting higher frame rates but the low spikes gets even lower. I can go from 50-40 FPS down to 11-15 while in the same room/place with nothing new happening.

It's like the CPU/Mem gets taxed for several seconds to a min or more causing horrible/unplayable FPS which I can do nothing with.

I can play great on servers with less players around 40 or so, but IMO that's a entirely different game. 20 vs 20 is really not enough to cause the chaos of war IMO as it ends up being much more campy.

Hopefully they get what ever it is sorted out, because the game was playable for me in 64vs64 servers for the most part with just FPS jitters when the arti hit. Now it seems the Arti issue has been fixed but something else is now causing the horrible prolonged FPS issues.

Upvote 0