• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Would you guys be interested in a wwi-styled map?

Perhaps the Immersion Overhaul Mutator guys could jump in and do some of their magic in regards of weapons and uniforms.

I think it is a big pity that Grabenkrieg and it's predecessors never came to a result. Imho the strive for delivering a complete WWI mod with a complete WWI arsenal and, - what is worse -, timespan was just a step too big. They should have strived for putting out single maps with modded avatars and weapons.

"Verdun" shows that a WWI scenario is very well doable. Just imagine "Verdun" with RO animations and weapon gui mechanics.

If one would focus on a specific point of the WWI timeline like f.g. 1914/1915 west and east and infantry combat (RO2 HOS does exactly the same), it should be possible to come up with a decent resullt.

RO/RO2 with it's focus on infantry, lack of close combat air support and only recently introduced motorized troop carriers actually is a "WWI game engine" showcating a WWII scenario by the use of automated small firearms and WWII uniforms. (Just look at RS' japananese troops).

If you can live without Patton and and Rickenbacher, WWI on the RO engine should be very well possible.

^This! I would pay 50 bucks for a good WW1 game with RO2 mechanics!

Upvote 0
well the German Wikipedia gives for the Standart Trenches deepness (of WW1... but i guess if we don't get any sources for WWII this will be enough) following numbers

German Army:
Stop height covering height parapet sole width
Kneeling Riflemen: 0,9m 0,9m 0,4m 1,3m
Standing Riflemen: 1,4m 1,4 0,6 1,0
Reinforced profile: 1,4 1,8 0,6 0,8

if this can be of any use for the trenches

Upvote 0
Since you're asking, I personally hate trenches/trench warfare in RO2. The stock trenches are too narrow and cookie cutter. That being said if they were a bit wider/more littered with debris and whatnot, I would probably be more interested. But I will of course try out your map and I hope that my opinions on trenches can be swayed!

Regardless I wish you good luck and good mapping to you, good sir!

Carpe mappem!

Upvote 0