• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I don't know what the big deal is with people insisting on following the "Squad Leader". More often than not the Squad Leader is either a clueless twat or is simply skilled in the fine art of calling in arty. It's just a class name, it doesn't automatically mean that the person playing it is in any way qualified to call the shots.

I much prefer either following someone I know is doing a smart thing, or calling the shots myself as I often do. Imo, "guys, when I start pissing you all off with this whistle, I want you to run into that meatgrinder" doesn't qualify as someone doing a smart thing.

Upvote 0
As much fun as it might be to introduce The Dreaded Attack Whistle feature, I concur with those who say it can and WILL be abused, horribly. To me, a whistle would have the exact same effect as spamming with a tank's coaxial MG to find the range- it only pinpoints your own position to the enemy. With 3D sound, all one would need to do is 'face the music', lock and load, and wait for the targets to appear.

On the other hand, the halftrack SdKfz 251/2007 '+3 Armored Pipe Organ of Doom' would be a nice feature as well for the Germans- we all know how fired up they get when Wagner is played on the approach to the battlefield! :D

Upvote 0