• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

smellyelly

Aug 4, 2006
Why not give the Squad leader a whistle? I can just picture hearing it and watching everyone charge for the objective.

The only down sides are is if a horrible SL gets in and starts abusing it, or using it every time they get near an outpost.
But otherwise it would be easier to sync a charge and it might even make the average soldier charge insted of trying to take pot shots.

Well, you could put an ammo limit on the whistle, so they could only spam the whistle so many times before they are "out of breath". Or tie the use to it on the stamina meter and can only use it until you start hearing your character breathe hard. Make it use about as much stamina as a jump does and not be used faster than what you can jump. Sure it could be abused, and probably will be when its first implemented, but just about any other feature newly implemented is, but it could also be used effectively.

Upvote 0
What's the point? The soldiers already know where the objectives are and how to attack them, why add a whistle?

Also.... abuse.

Because it would tell them WHEN to attack the objective. A well coordinated attack on an objective by 10 people is much more likely to succeed then those same 10 people attacking in 2s and 3s over several minutes.

Would it be abused? Probably, but then everything else in the game is abused at times too. That's not a good reason to not include something. People need to learn how to votekick people like that. Just like people that jump in the driver's seat in a tank and just sit at the spawn all game. Or people who jump into tanks and start driving them in circles when you were in a nice hull down poistion firing on the enemy. Or any of the many other things that some people do to try and ruin the game for the rest of us.

Upvote 0
Fixed.

I certainly wouldn't follow it.

and there's the real problem, people don't follow the squad leader's orders...

I can't even begin to tell you how many times as squad leader I've gotten to an objectve only to find out that I'm all alone there. Or had people screaming at me to throw out some smoke, when I have been but they're trying to attack the wrong objective.

Upvote 0