• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which tank would you like to see next after PzIII

Which tank would you like to see next after PzIII

• Pz 38(t)

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Pz II

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Pz III J (late)

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • StuG E

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • StuG F/8

Votes: 53 43.8%
  • Marder II

Votes: 24 19.8%

• Total voters
Well the trend so far seems to be adding roughly equal vehicles for each side. So, we start with the T-34/76 and the Panzer IV, and then you get the T-70 and the Panzer III J.

If there's another tank DLC (and I imagine there will be) then it will likely be another roughly equal pair of vehicles, such as the SU-76 and the StuG III.

But obviously the KV-1 and the Tiger would be the bestest everest DLC. :D

Upvote 0
Well the trend so far seems to be adding roughly equal vehicles for each side. So, we start with the T-34/76 and the Panzer IV, and then you get the T-70 and the Panzer III J.

If there's another tank DLC (and I imagine there will be) then it will likely be another roughly equal pair of vehicles, such as the SU-76 and the StuG III.

But obviously the KV-1 and the Tiger would be the bestest everest DLC. :D

KV-1 and Tiger - best DLC ever

Upvote 0
I have a bizarre and misplaced love for the T-26.

T-26-1933-side.gif

Upvote 0
Beevor said that the T-34 and the KV were both a bit of a surprise to the Germans when they started the invasion of Russia. I'd support the KV being there.

Stug III were definitely in use on that front before Stalingrad, The version with the 15cm Heavy infantry gun had 24 vehicles used in Stalingrad. I assume that one of the versions with the AT gun was also used. I'd be mildly surprised if the Stug III Ausf F/8 was in Stalingrad, since it wasn't produced until September 42, and I'm not sure how easy it was to move Panzers that distance, but I'd be happy to see a StuG III Ausf F.

I think Tigers were used in small numbers in the attempted relief force of the Kessel, but I don't think they were inside the city.

I don't think the Panther was used until Kursk, which was after Stalingrad was all over, so I wouldn't support this being in the initial game.

I think if I was only going to choose one, it would be some model of the Stug III

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Naturally I would love to see the KV-1 & Tiger included, but I'm thinking it would be a little more realistic and fair if we saw the KV-1 first and then got the Tiger later. Reason for this being ofcourse that the Germans initially had a really tough time with the KV-1 because of its thick armour, and second because once the Germans got the Tiger they had a tank with litterally no equal for the next 2 years of the war.

I'm fearing that once the Tiger enters the game we will see a lot of complaining on these forums, seeing as the Soviets had no tank armed with a gun capable of dealing with the Tigers frontal armour until the 85mm armed T-34's & KV85's, and even then it was at close range. The 76mm F34 was hopelessly inadequate against even the side & rear protection on the Tiger, where only the Zis-2 stood a moderate chance of penetrating at close range.

By contrast the Tiger's 88mm KwK36 would punch a hole in a T-34's glacis plate from over 2km away, and the KV-1 wasn't safe at that range either.

In short, adding the Tiger to the game would be great and naturally has to be done at some point, but availability has to be kept low, just as it was in reality.

Upvote 0