• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where are the good players gone?

lol i doubt this is the answer to your question, but sometimes i just let my friends play on my account, usually they play normal and hard, but sometimes i leave the filter on suicidal and they join and get owned hard. as for the other lvl5's-6's, prob just noobs who grinded

This^^
I've noticed an increasing number of full poundamonium servers lately, it's rather dissapointing. I remember I farmed my demo perk to level 6, now I strongly regret it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This^^
I've noticed an increasing number of full poundamonium servers lately, it's rather dissapointing. I remember I farmed my demo perk to level 6, now I strongly regret it.

i have mixed feelings about grinding, i usually only play as ss or medic on suicidal, the occasional support if someone needs to do the dirty work. and think that its safe to say that i know how to play as an effective player with those perks. i guess what i'm saying is that as long as your know the game and want to try out some new perks (or get that perky achievement) grinding isn't so bad. But if you just play single player till your lvl6, which i suspect a lot of SS's (lol three s's) are doing, and just join a suicidal game (or even hard games, i've seen noob lvl6's on those too), then you're just wasting your own time and dragging your team down

Upvote 0
Well that makes no sense, so unless I'm grossly mistaken I'm gonna have to correct you there dude, cause as you say you can kill a Zed before the bleed out time is up. I've killed plenty of specimens long before the bleed out was due to time up. It can also be proved by playing commando and popping a zeds head then keep shooting it. It still has a life bar and as you will see DOES still take damage. How can this obvious visible dmaage not affect the damage for your perk?

On the second point bBeing headless also amplifies the damage a zed takes, again take 2 bloats and play commando (you want to take an XBow or something for this.) Shoot one in the stomach raw with the Xbow and watch the damage, then the next one pop its head and then do the same. The headless Zed will take a slightly bigger hit on its health than the one with its head.

This one puzzles me, because I always felt that a headshot with the flamethrower wasn't possible. However a few times I have actually popped a Zeds head as its died using the flamethrower. Never had a critical headshot mind you, but hey ho. So to answer... maybe, maybe not, but the difficulty of getting a headshot with the flamethrower is not worth the damage you get added with it if any.

What he is saying is when you pop a zeds's head and leave it alone, it will not take any dmg due to the bleed out.

And if you need a 300 dmg weapon to see a "slightly" increase dmg after the decap, I would say it dont made any difference. And, when a zed's head is removed, they NEVER have 50% health or above, and fps take 50% dmg, you normally dont see headless scrakes, and ALL other zeds will not have more than 1000 health after decap.

SO, stealing kills is still stealing kills.:mad: If you want your level so badly that you have to go after every headless zed, GO SOLO BLOATED. Not to mention most kills stealers are lv 6.

Yet one more stupid question. Do fire nades level up firebug perk?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SO, stealing kills is still stealing kills.:mad: If you want your level so badly that you have to go after every headless zed, GO SOLO BLOATED. Not to mention most kills stealers are lv 6.

Who said anything about stealing kills? I sometimes pop their heads then hose em down :)

That translation makes more sense though, I didn't understand that at all and was otherwise totally confused... so cheers for that :)

Upvote 0
Myself and most of my friends moved on to other games. We'll likely come back if/when KF is ever fixed.

No offense to the TWI guys. I realize you're working on other games and you're a smaller organization and have less time to do things. However leaving the game in a state that you guys ADMITTED was imbalanced was a terrible move. A lot of players like myself got tired of waiting for a fix (It's been over 6 months!) and moved on.

In it's current state, there's only a few perks viable at the higher difficulties, and even at the lower ones, certain perks are clearly better. Having my favorite, yet already underpowered perk (Berserker) be one of those that got no new weapons and had it's existing weapons beat with a nerf stick was pretty much the last straw for me.

I moved on. To Left 4 Dead 2. For all the hatred it got, it's a solid game. (Albeit with one of the worst competitive communities I've EVER seen. Avoid Versus mode!). I can actually go into it with a Katana or Chainsaw and NOT be useless compared to the gun-users. After seeing how well melee works on there, KF's seems very, VERY weak in comparison.

Upvote 0
What he is saying is when you pop a zeds's head and leave it alone, it will not take any dmg due to the bleed out.

And if you need a 300 dmg weapon to see a "slightly" increase dmg after the decap, I would say it dont made any difference. And, when a zed's head is removed, they NEVER have 50% health or above, and fps take 50% dmg, you normally dont see headless scrakes, and ALL other zeds will not have more than 1000 health after decap.

I love how your giant beef with firebugs is that they burn headless bloats and cause them to get bile all over the non medics/zerkers. If they were standing that close to a bloat in the first place they deserve to get bile all over themselves.

This isn't CS, there's no such thing as kill stealing. If you didn't have the balls to finish something off yourself then you don't deserve the kill. If you have such a giant butt hurt with all the other players, then maybe you should go play solo.

Upvote 0
I love how your giant beef with firebugs is that they burn headless bloats and cause them to get bile all over the non medics/zerkers. If they were standing that close to a bloat in the first place they deserve to get bile all over themselves.

This isn't CS, there's no such thing as kill stealing. If you didn't have the balls to finish something off yourself then you don't deserve the kill. If you have such a giant butt hurt with all the other players, then maybe you should go play solo.

If they kill every headless zeds and still doing their job well, FINE!!
What ALWAYS happen is that they want to be the one who kill the most zeds so they focus on headless zeds because they are easier to kill. And end up gorefasts/sirens or even fps and scrakes are ignored and get the whole team kill!

Dont you get it!? It is much better to focus on the other side while that headless zed is BLOCKING the way of the other zeds. Over 80% of the time a team will camp at a certain spot instead of traveling all over the map as it just dont work for 6 player who dont know eack other! So talking about headless zeds will block the way is just bull****.

Upvote 0
I moved on. To Left 4 Dead 2. For all the hatred it got, it's a solid game. (Albeit with one of the worst competitive communities I've EVER seen. Avoid Versus mode!). I can actually go into it with a Katana or Chainsaw and NOT be useless compared to the gun-users. After seeing how well melee works on there, KF's seems very, VERY weak in comparison.

Can't disagree with the community. Ragequit is the name of the game, getting a decent team versus is nigh impossible because people can't face losing, even if only slightly. Though seriously, melee in L4D2 is utterly retarded. Pushing an enemy away will tire you out in a few seconds, slashing your Katana (or a baseball bat) with enough force to kill 3 zombies and push loads more away and suddenly you never wear out. Then theres the ridiculous amount of damage it deals to the Tank. Ever seen a tank killed by Frying Pans in a few seconds? L4D2 melee weapons are completely broken.

Get that stick out your ***. "don't have the balls to finish it off", seriously, lay off the nerd rage, k. Killing some random bloat if you don't have a lvl6 perk will net you a bit of extra damage, won't argue with that. Killing everything thats decapped despite you been lvl6 because the other guy knows what 'ammo conservation' means for nothing more than you want more kills on your score is pathetic and i think you need to re-assess why you're even playing the game. Even more so when you're doing it instead of focusing on other things that do actually pose a threat.

Upvote 0

I don't care for score, i just need some money. :p

Upvote 0
play as a medic, and once you get 5-6 laugh as others die from their stupidity while you end the round with 100 health and 70 armor, unscratched. sure, you are most definitely not going to get the most kills, but if the fit hits the shan, you can most likely solo the round if you have like katana/xbow

also, movement speed is also fun, so you can just kite the mobs if things start going badly.

Upvote 0
oh hai! i fall into this category :D

Me too lol. I did the UNTHINKABLE and bought L4D2 to satisfy my zombie killing needs until KF receives something new.

And I cant help thinking how absolutely CRAPPY the weapons in L4D2 are. No iron sights and no need to aim for head makes it feel like spray and pray mindless killing which isnt rly that fun at all. Pretty much the only reason I play it is for the Versus mode.

Oh and the melee weapons... They... Are... HORRIBLE! They have tons of melee weapons in the game, yet they are ALL EXACTLY THE SAME. I picked up some sort of cricket bat, hit a zombie with it and wtf... 3 zombies in front of me went to gibs. Same thing with baseball bat, frying pan and any other friggin melee weapon, they are all the same with different model which is just pure ****. Whats the point of picking up a katana if you can achieve the same amount of destruction with a frying pan.

Gotta hate Valve for making so many "kiddie" games lately, theyve completely forgotten about variety and challenge. Well I guess different models is variety of sorts but they all behave the same way. If you look at L4D series, its such a noob friendly game since all weapons are pretty much the same with no real drawbacks to them (all quick reloads, quick firing speeds, easy to use..). And TF2... Its all heavy weapons and shotguns, which kids and nubs like cause they dont have to aim for ****. I suppose that sells, but it doesnt make a great game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
good players gone to ZED/AM. peace out yo, imma live forever

Not true at all.

I am in neither clan. To play with these clans would mean i get ****ty ping, about 200-300. That and the timezones.

Why are all the people on the forums in north america? Why can't ONE person on the forums be from another continent, like the only continent/country, and the best country for that matter, Australia?

I'm the only Aussie here, not in either of those clans, and i'm KFL.

KFL is the best clan in Australia.

Upvote 0