• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the hell happened?

This is one of the main reasons indeed.
This game was released a year too early.

Fixed.

At least TWI has made it clear that they are working. There is a thread in the ideas and suggestions forum about a relaunch for Ro2. I think that might be a good idea to combine some event and a free weekend once a few major patches role through and hope that they can draw back enough people at the same time to make the servers look full. It's like economics, people need confidence in the market to invest their time in it.

Upvote 0
Well I just came back to have a look at the forums and see whats going on here and i'm not supprised by the state of the game, we still have a server that I belive is not used as our clan went to play BF3 after TWI refused for whatever reason to rank our server, I now play cod 5/ make maps for for 5 while i wait for the next game to come along, I just hope TWI realise its totaly there fault the game failed and try not to blame it on other factors....... I'm glad i didnt buy the new COD untill I saw if it was good or not and i'm glad I didnt get it, Will I pre order the next TWI game? not on your life!

Upvote 0
Well I just came back to have a look at the forums and see whats going on here and i'm not supprised by the state of the game, we still have a server that I belive is not used as our clan went to play BF3 after TWI refused for whatever reason to rank our server, I now play cod 5/ make maps for for 5 while i wait for the next game to come along, I just hope TWI realise its totaly there fault the game failed and try not to blame it on other factors....... I'm glad i didnt buy the new COD untill I saw if it was good or not and i'm glad I didnt get it, Will I pre order the next TWI game? not on your life!

BTW Dickymint loved your server back in the day (COD UO realism). The only way I could play cod was on that server. Shame what happened with RO2.

Anyway I wouldn't write TWI off completely. They took a wrong turn and could bounce back with a change of leadership, or some realisation of how they went wrong. I know in your case its mostly getting the server ranked but I doubt theres any reason other than the issue not being noticed by the right people. PM Yoshiro (although i'm sure you have already)

I won't be pre-ordering TWI games again but I will keep a close eye on them and see what people think at the time. The next game will most likely be Killing Floor 2 which they probably can't go wrong with. Doubt we will see any RO type game for a long time, although Rising Storm and other mods will be out this year

Upvote 0
... Why? Because if you try to sit on two chairs at once, sooner or later you will rip your *** apart.

I have never heard that before...

What gets me is that the game really has so much potential but it mostly fell into some middle-ground void that leaves a lot of players not happy. Players, I might add, that really want to play the game with some tweaks to it (mostly realism based). Remembering how many more players there were at this time playing ROOST compared to now with ROHOS it really is a bit sad and a shame.

You have to wonder if it weren't for the preorder and had most of those players waited just a few days to order listening to feedback, would they in fact have bought it at all? I'm thinking not so much. Sad fact is, that I probably won't preorder another TWI game unless they work some miracles in tweaking this one and I believe most other players are probably like me.

Do I believe that TWI could pull it off? Absolutely I do although I think that IF they do it will be a bit reluctantly since I imagine they hoped more players would be happy with the game as it is (not counting bugs/optimizations). It remains to be seen.

Upvote 0
Well, I read a thread (forget where) that indicated that they should re-release the game. Considering they couldn't have chose the WORST absolute time to release it; Battlefield 3, Call of Duty and several other triple AAA games that were coming in a month anyway. That and the fact that the game seemed as if it was still in alpha stages upon its release.

I hope they can pull a rabbit out of their *** because I really adore this game and I want to see it succeed.

Upvote 0
I've been an advocate for competitive play since the RO mod, to the point that people have stated that I should stop jabbing about it. At this point I'd say that spending time on the competitive side is simply not worth it, because its pretty much dead.

You can grow a player base slowly and surely, but for successful competitive play you have one shot which is the games launch. As that is the only way to get complete clans to try out a game, rather than needing new clans as only source of team input. Once a good selection of teams is playing the game more will automatically join, but you need a critical mass first.

I've been there when RO:Ladder was founded and been through the ride for 7 years but regarding competitive play, and considering the time when this game was released it has hit an respective all time competitive low for the entire Red Orchestra franchise. While there is currently a 10k dollar tournament ongoing that I actually haven't heard anything about beside that a lot of teams were already dead in the first rounds.

This is why I posted the idea of a relaunch in the ideas and suggestions forum in say half a year. Because no matter what patches happen, without a sudden huge influx of players and new hype that could bring in clans, the competitive scene will linger and probably die around the summer holiday season.

The old clans generally don't enjoy the game play, and most new clans have mostly moved on. Clans that have been there since the mod or early ostfront days after many years of active play, have either lost a big deal of their members or completely stopped playing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sensemann, they didn't state it clearly, but we can read between the lines...

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=71125

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger said:
[...] So lets chat a bit about the situation. I've said a lot of this before, but I'll mention it again just to make sure everyone gets a chance to hear it. RO2 had a rocky launch. You know it, we know it, everyone knows it. We learned a lot about hitting retail deadlines (when they are simultaneous with the digital launch), setting timescales, taking LOTS of risks, pushing the envelope on both gameplay and performance and more. So with what we've learned we'll certainly do a lot of things differently the next time we release a game. [...]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0