• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is your most hated kind of player?

In no particular order:

Deliberate door-blockers, those who knowingly weld other players in/out of a room or area, and, most especially, deliberately closing/welding doors ahead of others during the Trader interval.

Players who are well-equipped but who nevertheless pick up ammo and items when they know there are new players entering the game that will desperately need these things. I especially love those who, fresh from the Trader, will fire a single round, just so they can scarf up an ammo box.

People who CONSTANTLY voice-chatter throughout the game. They're not even talking to other players in some cases, but to friends/family while playing. Where do these people come from? What do they want?

Players who beg for money after EVERY round until they probably have enough for a tactical nuke, but won't share a penny with a new player.

Hey, don't go judging KF by this thread!:mad:

Indeed. Well said.

Upvote 0
Rather than sounding like a broken record by repeating a lot of sentiments, here are a few I haven't seen in the thread:

• Obnoxious female gamers that have to let everybody know that they are a girl. Secondarily, the players who give them the attention that they seek. There are a lot of women who play the game, but they don't make an event out of their sex; they are there to play Killing Floor and not garner the attention of immature males.

• Elitists amongst groups or public servers. Essentially; clans created for the sake of calling themselves the best of the best in a player versus bot environment whilst boasting rarely seen virtues.

• Lack of integrity and common courtesy in Killing Floor. There are gems amongst the rough stones, but they are far and few between.

Upvote 0
People that don't use syringe on others.
People that join HoE/Suicidal and are below lvl 3 and you explain to them they are too low but thay played CS or CoD and are really good at shooters so they think you're a dick and will ignore you.
People that tell you to leave the low levels alone, everyone has a right to play where they wish... right.
People that steal stalker kills off commandos when they aren't even using a rifle.

and last but not least people that whine at other people that are trying to make valid points (such as low lvl's in too high a difficulty or not syringing or using off-perk weapons that make no sense etc etc.)

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
People that tell you to leave the low levels alone, everyone has a right to play where they wish... right.

and last but not least people that whine at other people that are trying to make valid points (such as low lvl's in too high a difficulty or not syringing or using off-perk weapons that make no sense etc etc.)

There's a difference between abusing somebody, and explaining the server difficulties or perk based weapons. Usually the former is why people stick up for the new players rather than the kick-spamming venom breath.

Upvote 0
There's a difference between abusing somebody, and explaining the server difficulties or perk based weapons. Usually the former is why people stick up for the new players rather than the kick-spamming venom breath.

Nah low levels need to get out of my HoE. I let people know that the difficulty is too high for their level, and if they insist that "no I'm good lol", then I'll vote to kick them. I've never understood the reasoning behind sticking up for a level 2 who joins a high difficulty. People on Suicidal or HoE should already know enough about perk-based weapons to be competent.

Upvote 0
People who write posts in a different colour for no reason

My reason for using a different colour is so I can find my posts better, and those who quote me. So I guess that leaves me out of your off topic complaint.

Nah low levels need to get out of my HoE. I let people know that the difficulty is too high for their level, and if they insist that "no I'm good lol", then I'll vote to kick them. I've never understood the reasoning behind sticking up for a level 2 who joins a high difficulty. People on Suicidal or HoE should already know enough about perk-based weapons to be competent.

When they are ignorant; abusing them helps nobody. When they are arrogant; I can understand your sentiments.

Upvote 0
Male players who start acting like total jerks when a female player joins the game, then teamplay immediately stops. Its like they transformed from serious players to dick driven monkeys, and everyone tries to be the biggest hero. The female gets all the money (even if she doesnt need it), she gets all the help, cover and HEALING!!!, even she is at 90% health and im at 10 and standing righ next to her.:mad:
The funny thing is, even the female is a much better player as the guys, they still act like "i have to rescue the fair maiden from the dragon" or in this case fleshpund.

Upvote 0

Obnoxious female gamers that have to let everybody know that they are a girl. Secondarily, the players who give them the attention that they seek. There are a lot of women who play the game, but they don't make an event out of their sex; they are there to play Killing Floor and not garner the attention of immature males.

OMG YES! I could not agree more. also green text. :D

Upvote 0
My reason for using a different colour is so I can find my posts better, and those who quote me. So I guess that leaves me out of your off topic complaint.

When they are ignorant; abusing them helps nobody. When they are arrogant; I can understand your sentiments.

Heh, it helps to inform low level players that this is Hell on Earth... though most of them who are joining actually do know.

About 25% of the new players actually don't know that they're playing Hell on Earth, however.

So when they see this, I try to get them to spectate our game for a bit so they can see how difficult it is.

But, if they're ignorant or respond rudely (and it is an early HoE wave such as waves 1-5), I'll simply let them die ingame, repeatedly until they ragequit.

After wave 6, they're going to either get vote kicked, friendly-fire spammed (if FF is on), and or the team is going to have to clean up after their mess (when they ragequit after dying within the first 20 seconds of round start).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heh, it helps to inform low level players that this is Hell on Earth... though most of them who are joining actually do know.

About 25% of the new players actually don't know that they're playing Hell on Earth, however.

So when they see this, I try to get them to spectate our game for a bit so they can see how difficult it is.

But, if they're ignorant or respond rudely (and it is an early HoE wave such as waves 1-5), I'll simply let them die ingame, repeatedly until they ragequit.

After wave 5, they're going to either get vote kicked, friendly-fire spammed (if FF is on), and or the team is going to have to clean up after their mess (when they ragequit after dying within the first 20 seconds of round start).

What? Not typing in a color? Stop combo breaking:p PS None can beat this turqouise!

Upvote 0