• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What future can we expect for the co-op scene?

If no one else from the clan was on then how the hell would you know? People can't get kicked without pissing us off and we always give one wave to switch. And anyone who isn't in our clan we consider a pub until we get to know them.

Three of your clan members were specing and 1 was in webadmin I believe. So I'm not sure who kicked him. He did absolutely nothing except say we were fine with him being a lower level but he could switch if needed. We said we were fine with him staying low level and that he didn't have to change, someone kicked him.

Again, if that's how you run your server, I will be avoiding it. People complain about not having anyone to play with, no one plays the game, and all these other things but doesn't give anyone a fair chance. Level is a poor way to regulate who could play on a server; I guarantee there are lots of low level players that can play better than you or the people in your clan. Whether they are experienced players that avoided one perk for a while or someone on an alt/reset account there's plenty of ways to beat HoE as a babby so it's my belief that everyone should be given a chance.

Upvote 0
Three of your clan members were specing and 1 was in webadmin I believe. So I'm not sure who kicked him. He did absolutely nothing except say we were fine with him being a lower level but he could switch if needed. We said we were fine with him staying low level and that he didn't have to change, someone kicked him.

Again, if that's how you run your server, I will be avoiding it. People complain about not having anyone to play with, no one plays the game, and all these other things but doesn't give anyone a fair chance. Level is a poor way to regulate who could play on a server; I guarantee there are lots of low level players that can play better than you or the people in your clan. Whether they are experienced players that avoided one perk for a while or someone on an alt/reset account there's plenty of ways to beat HoE as a babby so it's my belief that everyone should be given a chance.
Our webadmin is not active due to it crashing our server. Nobody could have kicked your friends unless it was a group vote. We always give the opportunity for someone to change perks or to prove themselves. I understand perks aren't a way to gauge skill, but if its a level 3 or below on HoE, unless they pull their weight they will be useless and we end up kicking them after a warning.

Upvote 0
You learn something new everyday.

But anyways he said WEBADMIN in his post. I never knew about adminloginsilent.
I figured something didn't quite click in your head when I posted it the first time. Also, your knowledge isn't the exact same as your 'really cool' admins. I'm not going to even discuss the stupidity behind low level kicking; It's your server so your rules.

Sounds like he assumed someone was in WebAdmin because his friend got kicked without seeing anyone logging in. Another thing is that spectators, as he said there were 3 or something, have buggy login messages (them randomly not showing up). If it just bugged out it wouldn't even need the usage of adminloginsilent.

It's possible ToeKneeAy made the assumption it was WebAdmin based on the fact he didn't see a login message. That's all I'm saying.

Upvote 0
I figured something didn't quite click in your head when I posted it the first time. Also, your knowledge isn't the exact same as your 'really cool' admins. I'm not going to even discuss the stupidity behind low level kicking; It's your server so your rules.

Sounds like he assumed someone was in WebAdmin because his friend got kicked without seeing anyone logging in. Another thing is that spectators, as he said there were 3 or something, have buggy login messages (them randomly not showing up). If it just bugged out it wouldn't even need the usage of adminloginsilent.

It's possible ToeKneeAy made the assumption it was WebAdmin based on the fact he didn't see a login message. That's all I'm saying.
We don't just sit in spectate. If we are on we are playing on one of our servers. It had to have been a group vote because none of us were on. If none of us were actually in game, we didnt do the kicking. Who cares anyway. The goal of our server is for our clanmates to play on, that is all. Sure pubs are welcome but keep in mind anyone pisses us off or doesn't listen to us they are getting kicked. Read the rrules page on our site. We have rules in place to ensure the game is as enjoyable as possible while playing with us.

Upvote 0
It had to have been a group vote because none of us were on.
It's pretty clear in ToeKneeAy's post that 3 of them were in spec.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue this with you. You clearly said that you "don't tolerate pubs that don't meet our perk requirements." You got upset that a low level was taking a spot from your game. You're right, it's your server. Obviously people are going to judge it on their first visit if it's a rule. The fact you think your server is immune to first impressions is laughable. Sorry to hear you don't like to have a little challenge in this game.

Upvote 0
It's pretty clear in ToeKneeAy's post that 3 of them were in spec.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue this with you. You clearly said that you "don't tolerate pubs that don't meet our perk requirements." You got upset that a low level was taking a spot from your game. You're right, it's your server. Obviously people are going to judge it on their first visit if it's a rule. The fact you think your server is immune to first impressions is laughable. Sorry to hear you don't like to have a little challenge in this game.
Who said they were my clanmates? We have 3 spec slots AVAILABLE. If they were my guys I want names otherwise there's no proof we had anything to do with the kicking of his friend.

Upvote 0
Fact: Five friends and I were playing in the server.
Fact: We were all in mumble together and none of us placed a kick vote.
Fact: Three clan members (I.e. three people with their clan tag) were in spec.
Fact: One of them was a guy with no admin privledges which I found out from him being really nice earlier and carrying on a discussion.
Fact: He was asked to change perk then not given a chance because we said we didn't mind him being low perk since he was a friend and he was kicked right after that.

Unknown: Which clan members it was in the server at the time.
Unknown: Who logged in admin to kick him (since no one placed a kick vote and he was removed, it had to be an admin).

Opinion: This actually did not derail the thread at all. This is a great indication of what the KF pub co-op scene is like and how it will remain. People will judge others immediately based on perk choice or perk level and it will turn a lot of people off to the game.

Suggested solution: Take the babbies under your wings and teach them how to play better. Everyone had to learn about this game at some point, why not help them move along faster? Consider it an extra challenge, especially in KF 1 and the days of HoE too ez. Reserved the right to kick/ban if they won't listen, are disrespectful, or obviously trolling. The game will be a better place because of it.

Upvote 0
I support a server option to disallow joining past a set wave, have it so if it's set then they go straight to spectate instead.
If a server chooses to set wave 1 as the only time you can join then that server will have a lot less players coming in but the server operators might not care and those players go elsewhere as it should be indicated in the browser as-well. It would still be good to have that option.

I don't think perk level restrictions are a valid filter either. Jus' sayin', not trying to argue...

Upvote 0