• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What car do you drive?

The VW R32 is AWD.
Yes, the R32 is, but the older VR6 (R29 as some would call it today) is FWD.

It uses the entire drivetrain and I believe also the frame of the Passat.
There were alot of converting kits to put Syncro permanent AWD on Corrado's.

I doubt they are still being sold more then 10 years later, and if they are being sold probably too bloody expensive. :/

Upvote 0
'89 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 GLX :|

Strong as anything - as you can see from the photo - no rust whatsoever with some 250,000 kilometers (~155,000 miles) behind it in Finnish conditions with cold winters and salted roads. All electronics work too, including seat warmers and side mirrors! The japs do know how to make cars.

Not exactly a car you drive for the fun of driving though. Drinks a lot for such small engine too. I guess the price of the car makes up for that though: paid a mere 600 euros for it. It's beginning to be at the end of it's lifespan though - no reason to spend much on repairs, not being very handy at it myself. I'm planning on selling it as a summer car and getting a new-ish Peugeot 206 or similar.

mitsu.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah, Volvos are great cars. My grandpa's 242 - which is older than I am - is still running like nothing. Hardly any rust. Extremely safe for its age too. Some newer models, I think 440, have not lived up to the name's reputation though.

Volvos were good up through the RWD 240 days (I loved the 240s, in a way... boring cars, but they only broke engine and transmission mounts. Soooo easy to fix those, too.) When they went to crap like the V90 and the FWD cars, though... well.... Volvos are really pieces of crap with four wheels now.

IMO, the 960 is where Volvo started making "iffy" cars, and they went downhill fast from there.

Upvote 0
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/948041/desktop.JPG Summer Pic
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/948041/DSC00776.JPG Winter Pic

2002 Elantra 5 doors
2.0l DOHC CVVT 138hp 136tork (Not a fast car)

45liters = 450km

Accident #1 Friend smashed into a sidewalk sideways. 900$cdn of repairs.
Accident #2 My neighbor fainted driving home and slammed his buick in the ass of my parked car. 5700$ repairs because garages affiliated with insurance companies like to add a few numbers.

11000$ + tax 13000$ + 5 year of payments with 7.5% interest = around 15000$

Still have 6000$ to pay, car is worth less then that...

2 year and a half now, its very reliable... besides the accidents... only changed the back brakes, a baring and timing belt...

this summer I have to do the front brakes, sand-puddy-sand-primer-paint the 2 front panels, 4 new 205/45/R17, fix a mag.....

:'( sometimes I wish I Just had an ugly already paied 1988 Volvo 740 GLE :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's cause the ceiling there is at only 7ft :D

I was kinda stunned myself when I pulled the pic from the camera

Hmm, 7 foot ceiling, small parking space... sounds like California to me.

There are parking garages out here that the Bronco is too tall to fit in. And it sukcs parking in a non-compact spot and having both sets of wheels almost touching the lines.

ETA: What else sukcs is that s u c k is STILL in the filter.

Upvote 0
Oh. I could tell you the story about the BMW 850 and the impromptu "who can do the best burnout in the manager's friend's car" (we hated the manager, and therefore all his friends) that I won cause I was the only one who knew how to disable the TCS. :D Who'd imagine that a 5L V12 could be such a dog, anyway? :mad:

Lol, I have to link Wikipedia on this one. I know some people on here are fond of noting the Wiki's uhhh.. inaccuracy? Well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_8_Series

850... a supercar!? Lol, if the 850 is a supercar, then supercars are horribly slow and why would they be called "super." Honestly, it does NOT compare to the NSX, despite what wikipedia lists in the "similar" slot.

I actually owned a car with this engine for several years, a 1989 BMW 750iL. Though not a supercar I can tell you it was an absolute rocket. Tons of horsepower and even more torque. It was electronically limited to 260kph and would easily go that fast. Certainly NOT "horribly slow". Very good handling for a large sedan too. It was MUCH faster than the 2005 745i my father currently has.
Unfortunately it was also terribly unreliable, a total POS. It cost me thousands every year to keep it going and BMW's dealership mechanics were nothing better than incompetent. I'll certainly NEVER own another BMW, but I can tell you any car with this engine isn't slow. The trouble with the 850 was that it was really only fast in a straight line. BMW really builds sedans, not sports cars, which was the problem with the 850. The 1998 Audi A4 I currently have is 10 times the car that my BMW was.

Upvote 0