• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Weekly, been wrong type of weekly for more than a year

Impsak_2

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Hi,
Im not gonna state all my computers setup as it has nothing to do with my computer.

The weekly has been wrong for a year ++ now. It states to be one mode, but when logging into the servers its a totally different mode.

I have specifically tried official TWI servers when this happens and its the same issue on those.

This week my KF2 steam game says it is Arachnophobia, or whatever its called, but its not when logging in. Its actually the one where they regenerate health.

Reactions: helvis
Switch ISP and country for the sake of testing, chances are one of those two are causing connection issues. You can temporarily bypass ISP and country restrictions through the use of a free VPN. (And as always, you might want to delete the KillingFloor2 folder at C:\Documents\My Games to prevent corrupt files or configs from messing with the game.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention basic windows settings. Make sure to select region and synchronise time+date.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been experiencing the same issue for months now on official TWI servers. In the past two days, the game UI shows that the current weekly outbreak is Wild West London but when I join an official Tripwire server, the outbreak is actually Tiny Terror. It's kinda hilarious but also annoying, since you have the "wild west" filter and the cowboy hats on the players and zeds but you can use any perk and weapon anyway.

Switch ISP and country for the sake of testing, chances are one of those two are causing connection issues. [...] (And as always, you might want to delete the KillingFloor2 folder at C:\Documents\My Games to prevent corrupt files or configs from messing with the game.)

This is a server issue. It has nothing to do with clients. Tweaking client-side settings or connections will not fix the issue. This has been happening for a long time now. I've also posted about this same issue months ago: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/wrong-weekly-outbreaks.2337711/

Apparently, TWI doesn't restart their official servers regularly:

ye.... servers need to be restarted in order to show a correct weekly... And since official servers don't reboot every day (or better each week), they continue to show incorrect weeklies.

Upvote 0