• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

CaptRanger said:
Anyone have any statistics of how many individual infantry soldiers got to choose their own uniforms in WWII? :rolleyes:

It makes me sick that people want to make this game "more like BF2"...
I think the uniforms should be accurate...
Not every german soldier had a black/grey uniform...
they did TRY to camo themselfs...speckled/splinter/dot camo was a better choice for different areas.
And if i was told that i wasnt able to shoose between a white winter smock and the black "hey everyone look at me" uniform befor i went out into a snowy battlefield then id shoot myself right then and there.

Upvote 0
The_Partisan said:
Also another idea I had, whenever I'm a Soviet tanker I get tk'ed because I look just like a German. I cant remember the last time this HASNT happened. It happened today as I was playing Konigsplatz and I got the idea for a Soviet flag that maybe just the tanker could have? That way if he's running back to his lines he could select that and not get shot.
Just run to the enemy lines and cause havoc. Kill a German, pick up his weapon, and sneak into the enemy lines. People are so caught up in the battle they won't notice who you are.

Upvote 0
Last time I checked, soldiers were not given a wardrobe of various flowery dresses to suit up like they were going to a happy giggity-pansy-gig teaparty. Wear your uniform provided to you. Pick up your gun and shoot. Don't ask questions. That's war.

The last thing I want to see in this game is a bunch of soldiers whining about how the hue of their uniforms is not working well with their feng shui.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Differing Uniforms or rank badges

Differing Uniforms or rank badges

Different Uniforms or a Rank uniform system for clan battles.

At the moment is hard to pick out your team mates unless your on top of them and there name comes up with a large delay. With a couple of different uniforms or atleast rank patches you may be able to tell your team members quicker and able to coordinate with them.

This might seem stupid for the pub people, but it would really help out in clan matches or matches your playing with your mates.

Upvote 0
ViViD said:

At the moment is hard to pick out your team mates unless your on top of them and there name comes up with a large delay. With a couple of different uniforms or atleast rank patches you may be able to tell your team members quicker and able to coordinate with them.

This might seem stupid for the pub people, but it would really help out in clan matches or matches your playing with your mates.

If you're playing a clanmatch, and don't know where your teammates are and what they are doing, then you seriously need some communication practice.

Upvote 0
ViViD said:

The problem I see(imo) is a completely different point: you have a command chain in any army of this world, so some corporals, sergeants and NCO's are involved in a squad... (don't have a clue how the soviets spell, the german side would have Gefreiter, Obergefreiter, Unteroffizier, Feldwebel, Oberfeldwebel, Hauptfeldwebel, Leutnant oder Oberleutnant, ... different "config" each unit), and they surely HAVE something to say in combat situations. So somehow would be nice to have a certain structure within a team, so depending on your rank you can give commands or just call support.... and the others MUST appoint you orders... real as life. But.... how to recognize who's who? I cannot believe the players will learn the different rank signs of both armys... not to speak about the difficulty to see anything in the size it's actually shown!

And: I'm sure any soldier is able to recognize within a certain distance all the squadmates... impossible issue in the game by now! (the nick-tags need eternities to be shown... and sometimes it's a matter of "miliseconds" to warn a comrade 'bout anything what's going on about him).

And yet another point: you can give some commands to fire groups upon the voice commands... but you don't even know WHICH one you belong to!

Sure, no major things, but certainly worth to think about for reality sake... or am I wrong?

Upvote 0
Ok, that is where I disagree. If we HAD to obey the commands some jack-wad would do idiotic things like command us to charge openly into that machine gun, and if we didn't...Well the only thing I could imagine is that the game would kill you. And how would it work, it would be insanely hard to make something in-game to tell if you actually are charging an exact position, down this exact path. It would be annoying. Too many problems to face. And I doubt they could make that a clan only feature.

Upvote 0
(NOTE THAT THIS WAS A POST FROM A PREVIUS THREAD I COMMENTED ON...IT GIVES THE SAME IDEA IM TRYING TO GET ACCROSS BUT IN NO WAY AM I DIRECTING THIS TOWARDS YOU IN FRUSTRATION)

It pisses me off when peiple dont look at what kind of gun they are holding or what color hat they have on...even more so is when people just start shooting at what ever appears to be black or brown.
Lol new RO players really need to learn about communication and checking to see if that person is a target or not...
That or if your too far to see...then just dont worry about him...radio it in and say that "we may have a possible target at such n' such location, can anyone confirm?"
Or just let someone who is closer take car of em...
It a very harsh reality that soldiers kill their own soldiers because of their attire...why? because of poor communication and coordination.
Both russians and germans would wear white...and if i saw one of my fellow german soldiers from a good distance away...i might think he was a russian and shoot him...but thats what happens when people just run behind enimy lines w/o informing people and communicating back. its a stupid thing that i see all the time...and players get chewed out for it.
I make this mistake all the time and i take blame for killing them...but i dont take blame for the fact that they put themselfs in a posistion that may or maynot make them look like a possible target...best thing to do is to shoot at whats shooting at you...and aim at whats aiming at you...
If it doesnt see you and you dont know what it is...or if the target cant do much harm to you or impare your movement, just radio it in so other know that there is a UNIDENTIFIABLE target.
Id very much like to see Germans wearing winter camo smocks/pullovers and better camo in general be added to the game.

Upvote 0
Don't start with the arguement about lack of communication, blah you look like a fool and an egocentric moron. Troels it suits your name well.

The issue is you have a team of four around you in close formation you have an idea that your commander is the one to the front left, but your not 100% sure.

You could swivel your gun on the guy and check for sure about 2 secs, which takes your eyes off the front and doing what your suppose too. Or you could look at his arm band (if he had one) which is milliseconds to be hundred percent sure, that you are correctly position to where he want you.

Or if your commander says 'On me' and raises up your just fallen back into formation from a respawn are you 100% sure that him without getting you gun lined up and sights on waiting to get confrimation.

Armbands or uniform changes per unit would be a good addition to realism not something that you should be arguing should not be included how is this going to effect you? Seriously how does this impact you or are you just a typical forum nay sayer???? You my friend are waste of pixel space.

Upvote 0
No need to shout....

I like the idea about having ranks for clanmatches. But leave them out of public play, please. I would specially hate it if it was tied to a score and you need to earn the rank. If it was tied to a score people wouldn't play for the team anymore and play more selfish like in BF:2 for instance (Oooh, look at my score, I'm so 1337... I got the rank of luitenant, who wants to touch me..?).

Ranks yes, tied to score no...

Upvote 0
Uniforms Discussion (Merged)

Uniforms Discussion (Merged)

hey all,
first id like to tell yall that im a reenactor in the 8th and 18th Luftwaffe feld div.
www.feldblau.com
and a little history,
Herman goring was commisioned to gather up 200,000. men and form divisions. placing several on the russian front.
the 18th LFD was one unit there and attached to the 1st SS panzer corps of the 5th panzer army.
ide like to be able to change a infentry skin to look as they did during that time.
is this possible ??
and how would i do this ?
12.jpg

feldfarbSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This has been an issue with me wince the mod.
Id like to see the germans have the propper attire...
Winter cammies, splinter and dot cammies, the right ensigs, so on...
I know that some people will disagree with me on the winter cammies because itl be hard to distinguish the dif between the two sides...But thats what people had to deal with...And its realistic...
Whats to say that the germans cant have winter camo and the russians can?

Upvote 0
Camo

Camo

it is true the germans did have white camo, but not all because of the supply of differnt camos varied.
the winter camo was thin and stuffed nicely into a ruck sac until snowy days arrived ,as i have one.
They were worn mostly by the artillery personell at first ,then the infentry as it became avilable.
the latest of them were reversable ,,winter camo to splinter or peadot.
clrpc10.jpg

clrpc03.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0