• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Top Community Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

I definitely support both LostCity by Krull0r and Lightouse by LATTEH, but if I had to choose one, it would have to be LostCity by Krull0r. No offense to Lighthouse by LATTEH, I just think that LostCity looks better than any of the official maps in KF at the moment even.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Whats so great.... WHATS SO GREAT?!

Have you ever played eg. Sector13? The visuals in that map are amazing, even better than in some of the core maps. He is pure genious.

*genius :p

I haven't played Sector13, but I dislike Filthscross and Biohazard. To me they're both...ugly, drab and not terribly fun to play. HospitalHorrors is a little better but still drab and half of the time the retarded trader arrow leads you down some convoluted path.

Suburbia and Departed on the other hand are great maps.

Upvote 0
*genius :p

I haven't played Sector13, but I dislike Filthscross and Biohazard. To me they're both...ugly, drab and not terribly fun to play. HospitalHorrors is a little better but still drab and half of the time the retarded trader arrow leads you down some convoluted path.

Well true the so called art style on Filths Cross and Biohazard is a little different but that doesnt make it ugly. I mean, if you compare Departed and Biotics for example, surely Departed looks better simply because its... clean.

But Sector13 looks nothing like Biohazard or FilthsCross, it reminds me of Icebreaker a bit.

Upvote 0
Well true the so called art style on Filths Cross and Biohazard is a little different but that doesnt make it ugly. I mean, if you compare Departed and Biotics for example, surely Departed looks better simply because its... clean.

But Sector13 looks nothing like Biohazard or FilthsCross, it reminds me of Icebreaker a bit.

Ugly is subjective, so yes, it does make them ugly to me. ;) Aesthetics aside, I just think maps like Departed, Suburbia, and Waterworks are much more fun than Filth's maps. I'll check Sector13 out.

Reactions: Vintage
Upvote 0
I honestly don't see what's so great about Filth's maps.

I didn't know they were considered great, but for me i don't enjoy them so much because there isn't enough, if any, multi-levelled z-axis action.
I like to be opportunity to fire up and/or down in maps (for any game) with elevated sections.
That said, they look ok and clearly a lot of work went into them - but for me it's just a layout issue.

edit - based on the 3 maps i know that are now part of the stock selection - and in fairness that complaint is present in many maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I honestly don't see what's so great about Filth's maps.

Nothing at all, they are pretty simple maps if truth be told. The maps I have produced for KillingFloor where my first run at using the unreal engine so it took a fair bit of listening to the community both for technical advice and also tweaks regarding the concepts/layouts. People where well aware of this at the time and gave credit to my attempts. All the maps I have made for KF are actually old maps in KF's retail history. Biohazard,Filthscross and Darkroads where first realeased between 2 and half to 2 years ago. The most recent Sector13 which did not even make it out of beta has been sat there for over 12 months, this makes em well played and as such a lot of folks have grown fond of them which makes them favorite maps for many, It's not about them being great, the best or whatever, just fun with amicable gameplay. And there the story ends.

All this being said though it is great to see there is life in the old dogs yet and that they can still make a mark in a thread like this after such a long time.

Cheers me troopers :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Filthscross is one of my favorite maps. It is really difficult, but I like to run and gun on that map. As the zeds chase you underground it feels like you are getting completely trapped and overwhelmed with no hope for survival. Suddenly you find yourself at a crossroads, and any of the four tunnels you turn to has zeds clawing their way towards you. That's the point when you and your group concentrate firepower on one tunnel and shoot your way out, or you get surrounded, make your last stand, and die killing.

Sadly it is hard to find a game on that map. I think it is because the difficulty.

Upvote 0
Filthscross is one of my favorite maps. It is really difficult, but I like to run and gun on that map. As the zeds chase you underground it feels like you are getting completely trapped and overwhelmed with no hope for survival. Suddenly you find yourself at a crossroads, and any of the four tunnels you turn to has zeds clawing their way towards you. That's the point when you and your group concentrate firepower on one tunnel and shoot your way out, or you get surrounded, make your last stand, and die killing.

Sadly it is hard to find a game on that map. I think it is because the difficulty.

Filthscross is a thing of beauty with friendly fire enabled. Imagine those close cramp tunnels and clostophobic spaces and then factor in friendly fire. A pure frightening experience.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.