• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too many bad medics

I feel like Tripwire has made it more of a group effort for both sides of the spectrum to not be bad (as in healers and players up front in each lane).
It's also on the player too. I have wiped my 6 man a few times I will admit, because I kept trying to push a fleshpound back when the team was in trouble; hence, causing him to rage and beat me to death.

The medic couldn't do much because they were getting eaten because the team was hurt across the board and it was overwhelming. But yes, too many medics just sit around and shoot - never healing, just contributing low dps.

Luckily, my wife is awesome though, and only ever plays lvl 25 medic ^^.
And ever more lucky, I have a dedicated server that I run a small group of regulars with for HoE. We have struggled a little with this patch, but we're getting it down again.

Upvote 0
And ever more lucky, I have a dedicated server that I run a small group of regulars with for HoE. We have struggled a little with this patch, but we're getting it down again.

Now you just have to tell me the server coordinates. You sound to be an adequate dedicated player.

Upvote 0
I feel like Tripwire has made it more of a group effort for both sides of the spectrum to not be bad (as in healers and players up front in each lane).
It's also on the player too. I have wiped my 6 man a few times I will admit, because I kept trying to push a fleshpound back when the team was in trouble; hence, causing him to rage and beat me to death.

The medic couldn't do much because they were getting eaten because the team was hurt across the board and it was overwhelming. But yes, too many medics just sit around and shoot - never healing, just contributing low dps.

Arent you finding the problem at the moment is that 1 medic is just not enough? You need two for HoE and then to counter-balance that you need two zerks that can stay alive and have the ammo(less) needed for a full wave. Esp. on 10 wave games. This is generally speaking ofc. The medics and zerks need to be of at least a good level anyhow.

I think the current patch is too restrictive for medics on lower difficulties and the average medic just isnt up to scratch most times in keeping a zerk alive, let alone the rest of the team.

My opinion is that medics need to play that role alot more than the other perks. They also need to be unselfish and trust that they will be protected during key occasions when the fp/sc combos spawn. They also cant be wasting nades as 5medic nades arent enough for a single wave most of the time. 10 on the other hand give you a few extra to play with.

Upvote 0
I love medic to death and I mostly agree, BUT when the team goes everywhere or one guy runs way out from everyone else it is not the medic's job to chase you down, and as a good medic please don't spam me to heal you because I'll get to it, I'd rather focus on the dude taking down the fleshpound than you who is only killing trash behind it. The whole team needs to be a team for the medic to make full use of what it can do and his grenades

Upvote 0