• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the no blur option does not penalize you enough,

the no blur option does not penalize you enough,

• Yes, make it mandatory for all gfx cards that support it

Votes: 76 71.0%
  • No, leave it as is

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
downxerd said:
calm down, man its all good...my mistake. But to sort through the "good" computers and the "bad" ones is ridiculous...how do you expect them to do that?

imagine:

"oh uh...hmm...well he has __________ (insert specs here) so he has to have blur!"

"good work! ****...now we have to do a million more"

ummmmm.... they could simply patch the game so that it detects your hardware, like pretty much every graphically intense game ever... like say half-life 2, which would actually limit your options to wat was availible from your card. If they can do that, im sure they could do the exact opposite (preventing u from setting it lower). But i think turning up the darkness would work the best, and it would also be the easiest for the devs to do (meaning they can focus on bigger problems).

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
Right now, the blur affects the player more, giving an advantage to people using the blackout effect.. not good, so either the blur must be softened or the blackout made harsher, i vote the latter.

I dunno. I played with blur since retail release and only switched to the blackout because of technical difficulties and I think Blur gives me a better chance to stay alive than blackout.

Maybe, as one poster stated above, he can aim better with blur disabled, but he's a better player than I am since the blackout under most circumstances is combined with shaky-screen (artillery, grenades...).

But worst of all, the blackout is cumulative... so if one grenade falls and then another comes in before all the blackout is lifted, they add up. I was playing on a map just after having to switch to OpenGL and I was near (not near enough to be killed, but near enough to see the explosions in the distance) to Artillery dropping... and the cumulative effects of the blackout eventually added up so all I could see was a black screen.

At least with the blur I can still see and run somewhere, but since the blackout adds up, I can't do anything but run randomly in some direction or wait it out.

Upvote 0
maybe the blackout effect is different per computer as well as teh blur. Right now i have the blackout effect, and i barely notice it at all... my screen dims a tiny bit but i can go on playing without even the slightest hesitation, to the point where i dont know if im getting shot at (which is actually a bit of a negative). I dont have any crazy bright flat screens or anything either, just some old crt's.

Upvote 0
SingeDebile said:
maybe the blackout effect is different per computer as well as teh blur. Right now i have the blackout effect, and i barely notice it at all... my screen dims a tiny bit but i can go on playing without even the slightest hesitation, to the point where i dont know if im getting shot at (which is actually a bit of a negative). I dont have any crazy bright flat screens or anything either, just some old crt's.

I think it might be the engine. I'm playing OpenGL (I won't get into why). In D3D9, obviously I used blur, but in D3D mode that's not an option, and I *think* it wasn't quite as dark as in OpenGL mode. I thought I was imagining it, but maybe that has something to do with it?

Upvote 0