• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Machine Gunner Class

I like this discussion, it shows that there is certainly things that need to be addressed when it comes to the MG Class.

Now some of the fault can be where the gun is deployed in the game...these maps are big and a poor choice of depolyment may give you a 180 degree angle of danger. However, at least with out the tracers, people would have to rely on what they hear to zero in on the MG'er, rather than having the big green or Yellow arrows pointing them out like a neon sign.

Still, I am very careful about where I deploy and how long I stay there and I still feel like something is missing when using these guns. Something is not right and needs tweeking. It should be more formidable and it is not. (as I stated in the OP)

Upvote 0
the distance, should realy not matter with the MGs in game, realy 50 or 100m are nothing for mgs, letz talk about 500 or 300 meters of combat range, and then we can take in consideration something like a major inacuracy. It is just somewhat ridiculous, that you realy miss "clear" targets that often, with your MG, even when you aim straight at them, and combat range in RO infantry is realy never much more then 200m, in most maps even less then 100. Map like lazur, even more ridiculous, where I deployed the MG in a small window, facing a stairway, what is the enemy doing, he pops up from the stairway and manage to kill me in less then one second, with one single shot and the funy thing was, I even managed to give out a shot as well, but probably it just grazed him or was pretty close.

I dont have real experience with any MG, but I know from many people, in Real and Online talking, about their experience with MGs, curent Mgs, like MG3 and WW2 weapons, Mg34 and Mg42. And all they said, that its realy no problem with a bit experience and training to hit a target up to 100m, and that THEY realy never want to be in the wrong end of any MG. Not talking here of course about a "rambo" style shooting, short controled bursts. I also can rember, enough people here in the forum, that had many experience with the weapons, talking here exactly and very acuractly about, why the Mg in game, didnt meet their expectations.

Upvote 0