• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Spoiler!

Not a story spoiler, just a rage comic.

Upvote 0
Okay, minor personal niggle here.

The beast races look bloody deformed now, especially the females. Tiny little pencil necks with huge bulbous heads and emaciated bodies. Do not like.

It's a Bethsoft game, what did you expect?

The first mod you download for any Bethsoft game should allways be a replacement model for female charecters, and sometimes for the males too (though they usually do ok on thouse), because they allways look like either:

A) Horrible mutant freaks, or..
B) Men in drag.

That's just how it is, Bethsoft aren't good at human models, and least of all female ones.

Sucks if you got the Console version though, then you're stuck with freaky guys in womans clothing.

Upvote 0
So disappointed. You didn't at all behave like an asshole or an elitist prick.

Otherwise a pretty good podcast. Kinda cringed when the host started asking how it compares to WoW. :/

Also, disagree with you about the UI. I think it's just poorly done. For both consoles and PC, but especially PC. Feels like their main goals were to make it look pretty and be as simple and in your face as possible, things like functionality and customizability took a back seat.

Upvote 0
So disappointed. You didn't at all behave like an asshole or an elitist prick.

Otherwise a pretty good podcast. Kinda cringed when the host started asking how it compares to WoW. :/

Also, disagree with you about the UI. I think it's just poorly done. For both consoles and PC, but especially PC. Feels like their main goals were to make it look pretty and be as simple and in your face as possible, things like functionality and customizability took a back seat.
Oh yeah, the UI is bad, no doubt about it. I didn't even get a chance to talk about that in the cast. It's my biggest pet peeve with this game, as with all Bethesda games.

Upvote 0
The UI is likely to be high on the modders to-do list, so let's hope for some awesome UI overhauls.

They might need to push out a Script Extender first though, atleast in the FO games the mod tools where quite basic when it came to UI changes, but the Script Extenders really opened up a lot more posibillities.
Yeah, lets hope that the mod tools are flexible enough. That said, it says something about a game when it can have terrible UI and still be enjoyable ... often times that's a gamebreaker.

Upvote 0
It's a Bethsoft game, what did you expect?

The first mod you download for any Bethsoft game should allways be a replacement model for female charecters, and sometimes for the males too (though they usually do ok on thouse), because they allways look like either:

A) Horrible mutant freaks, or..
B) Men in drag.

That's just how it is, Bethsoft aren't good at human models, and least of all female ones.

Sucks if you got the Console version though, then you're stuck with freaky guys in womans clothing.

I usually go for the nude mods first.

Upvote 0
Why Nord? Their racial skill isn't the best and their passive 50% cold resistance is useful only against certain types of enemies.

Yeah I know, it was just quick example. Nord/Orc/Redguard would have fitted better but that was not really the point;)
It was more a rage against the badness of the others than the superiority of the nord/heavy armour combo...

Spoiler!

Not a story spoiler, just a rage comic.

I laughed at this, it's also exactly how it is in all their games. Only the troll at whiterun has an appropriate 'thanks for nothing' response:D

Upvote 0
Just bought myself a home in Whiterun with all the furnishings. It would be awesome though if you could put your books into a bookshelve and not just into your chest.

You can do that by clicking on the bookshelf and storing items in it like in any other container, except that the books show up on the shelf.

Upvote 0