• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Upvote 0
Lydia died in battle. I always knew being the Dragonborn is not only a privilege but also a curse, blessing and burden at the same time. But this tragedy is without comparison.

I first met Lydia when I became Thane of Whiterun, she followed my every step ever since. Oh what did we laugh at these would be adventures who ended their career because of a laughable arrow to the knee, when Lydia took arrows to the face without even flinching ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165689258 ) She was there when I learned the words of power in High Hrothgar. She held my hair after a night of too much mead. And instead of telling me what happened, she silently followed me on a wild goat chase for my memory through Skyrim. She carried my burden when I had to rob my dead enemies for they clothes, again and again. She was always first in battle and always last when traveling the roads of Skyrim. But she always followed as the most loyal dogs do.

We just retrieved Nettelbane and now were heading to the Kilkreath Temple. Meridia herself ordered us to rid the temple of the dark mage Malkoran. His minions proved no challenge for us and many riches where found in the temple but Malkoran was strong. Almost too strong for the Dragonborn but definitely too strong for you, dear Lydia. She charged Malkoran as bravely as she would attack any opponent. He immediately cursed her, and in an epic battle of magic against Dwemer metal and potions the Dragonborn could finally defeat Malkoran but his death also proved fatal for the cursed Lydia. The Dragonborn could take the mighty Dawnbreaker for himself. But at what price?

Lydia you had no last name. From now on you shall be known as Lydia Ashpile because that is what you are now. I wish I could bury you in Falkreath next to all the other heroes but there is so little left of you to bury.

The bard's will sing many songs about Lydia the brave fool, who gave her life to protect the Dragonborn. And all the adventures she will not see.

So it looks like I need another sellsword to replace this loss. Does anyone have Bron's number?

Upvote 0