• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The big Tank thread for mod builers

Scrappa

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2011
England
Wow nice work man, hope some dev sees this.. maybe they can use your models to boost along their progress in the game so far.

MvdH

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2011
Netherlands
Raven, do you still own that company? still got some open spaces? Joking XD
Do you personally model or do you only collect them.

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
You can easily import that model into UDK to be used as a static mesh, implementing it as an actual drivable vehicle is something else tho
Its the drivable vehicle i want out of it. I originally made it for Zoo Bunker but it never got done.

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
Thanks for the feedback !

When I made the vehicle, I was trying to make it as low poly as possible whilst keeping a fair amount of detail. It was intended for Ro : ostfront on UE 2.5 and i was aiming for a similar poly count to the clown car.

Poly Count (with Interior) is 6351. For Ostfront that sounds too high but for HoS on the newer UE3 Engine it seems fine to me (although there would only be one in Zoo Bunker), with a lot of room for improvement. There are many smoothing errors in those crap renders of mine.

Could you explain
'- The angles of the wheels interiors are a bit annoying.'
again please, I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Thanks !

Le0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
Neuchatel, Switzerland
I think he means that the wheel rim is not detailed enough (flat with just a triangle on top), at least it's what makes sense.

Do you have a textured version yet?

6S.Maraz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Sure!

I'm not very well known with ww1.

I see at least the

-Fiat 3000
-female

I will also add ww1 models to the list.. so if theres anything you guys can use for Iron europe.. just let me know.
Fiat 3000 was a post-WW1 tank. Some examples were still used operationally in 1943.

Bye
Maraz

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
Hi, thanks for the advice Diablo! I think most polys the player cant see are deleted, but i'll double check. I cant see myself finishing it soon, but it is on my to do list. When I have made some progress and fixed the issues to have mentioned, I'll post back here.

Cheers!

Jorg Biermann1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
I would love to see SdKfz. 222 in game. I've always wanted one in RO:Ostfront and never understood why one was never made. I loved it in DH when they added the SdKfz. 234/1. It was so sick. Nice model though, I hope you finish someday and hopefully get it ingame at least as a static mesh but a drivable one will be even better!

Last edited:

RiccardoTheBeAst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
Actually we already have the ISU 152 in RO1, made by modders.

You can see it here in the streets of Berlin:

It was more an self propelled tank, over the IS2 chasis than any arty concept. It was designed to face the KT and against bunkers. I think it would be necessary, but after we have the IS2 and so.
KT? With that gun? lol

I think you're confusing it with SU-100 ;)

Anyway, the ISU-152 in RO is a devastating weapon in city combat despite the lack of MGs.