• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation The big Tank thread for mod builers

Would be nice to get my sdkfz 222 in-game.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback !

When I made the vehicle, I was trying to make it as low poly as possible whilst keeping a fair amount of detail. It was intended for Ro : ostfront on UE 2.5 and i was aiming for a similar poly count to the clown car.

Poly Count (with Interior) is 6351. For Ostfront that sounds too high but for HoS on the newer UE3 Engine it seems fine to me (although there would only be one in Zoo Bunker), with a lot of room for improvement. There are many smoothing errors in those crap renders of mine.

Could you explain
'- The angles of the wheels interiors are a bit annoying.'
again please, I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Thanks !

Upvote 0
I would love to see SdKfz. 222 in game. I've always wanted one in RO:Ostfront and never understood why one was never made. I loved it in DH when they added the SdKfz. 234/1. It was so sick. Nice model though, I hope you finish someday and hopefully get it ingame at least as a static mesh but a drivable one will be even better!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually we already have the ISU 152 in RO1, made by modders.

You can see it here in the streets of Berlin:

a0hpg3.jpg

It was more an self propelled tank, over the IS2 chasis than any arty concept. It was designed to face the KT and against bunkers. I think it would be necessary, but after we have the IS2 and so.

KT? With that gun? lol

I think you're confusing it with SU-100 ;)

Anyway, the ISU-152 in RO is a devastating weapon in city combat despite the lack of MGs.

Upvote 0