• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

Contractors use all kinds of weapons...

Chris_XM8.jpg

[url]http://img.wm-team.org/pmc/[/URL]

Also, I think PMC will be awesome. It opens up possibilities for all kinds of cool missions. Place the PMC units in the north of Isla Duala, a female assassination target in the south of the island, and you basically have Jagged Alliance 2. :D

It looks like a real photo... amazing to see the XM8 is actually used by someone.

Upvote 0
The on-line co-op can be the finest experience available.

Amerikaner, please take the time to explore the Editor.
If I've played this game for (nearly) Ten years, 9 of em have been in the Editor...
And I still don't know chyte.

Sic & Nimsky & loads of others will probably agree, that the best part of playing a Mission, is building it...

Upvote 0
What did you tweak?

I get some really bad performance degredation, it's just not worth playing until I can geta consistently smooth framerate.

I'm pretty sure all I changed outside of ingame settings were these two lines to the value 0 in the cfg files:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

It drastically reduced the stuttering which was my biggest problem. Try a value of 1 first and if it's still bad go to 0. Make sure you turn off mouse smoothing too.

Upvote 0
After spending more time with it, I love this game. I now see the light. :D

Last night 5 of us got on to one of the pvp/coop servers. We geared up with night vision, thermal scopes, long range sniper rifles, and assault rifles then loaded into some ATV's and a mounted Humvee and headed off into the night. We stopped behind a large hill overlooking an enemy held town. One of us pulled the Humvee to the crest of the hill and got on the mounted gun while the rest of us split up on the flanks of town. We got in position and spotted about four full strength squads and one mounted jeep patrolling the town. As soon as everyone had decent shots and good cover we opened fire. When the main firefight was over we had killed every enemy we had spotted but lost two of our men. The survivors and I then went down and capped the forward post and proceeded slowly through town. About halfway in one of our guys started taking fire from what sounded like an Enfield which seemed to be right on top of me. I wheeled around and saw an insurgent rushing me from barely 4 feet away. He fired a quick shot and missed and I pulled out my pistol and empty the clipped into him. He went down while my other man took out his spotter hiding behind the building. We then safely capped the rest of town and regrouped now with the squad back at full strength. Awesome game.

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0

Last night 5 of us got on to one of the pvp/coop servers. We geared up with night vision, thermal scopes, long range sniper rifles, and assault rifles then loaded into some ATV's and a mounted Humvee and headed off into the night. We stopped behind a large hill overlooking an enemy held town. One of us pulled the Humvee to the crest of the hill and got on the mounted gun while the rest of us split up on the flanks of town. We got in position and spotted about four full strength squads and one mounted jeep patrolling the town. As soon as everyone had decent shots and good cover we opened fire. When the main firefight was over we had killed every enemy we had spotted but lost two of our men. The survivors and I then went down and capped the forward post and proceeded slowly through town. About halfway in one of our guys started taking fire from what sounded like an Enfield which seemed to be right on top of me. I wheeled around and saw an insurgent rushing me from barely 4 feet away. He fired a quick shot and missed and I pulled out my pistol and empty the clipped into him. He went down while my other man took out his spotter hiding behind the building. We then safely capped the rest of town and regrouped now with the squad back at full strength. Awesome game.

Good job. Check out some of the custom missions, Armaholic has a lot of them.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0

great, but i half expected that it might not be for you (performance issues aside) because i found that I unconditionally loved everything about it, and it's predecessors, from the first moment i played them.
So i've always thought it must me a love hate thing from the get-go, but i guess i'm wrong.

It would be nice if we got the casual coop going like we did a few months ago, if there's some interested players.
Jono??

Upvote 0
great, but i half expected that it might not be for you (performance issues aside) because i found that I unconditionally loved everything about it, and it's predecessors, from the first moment i played them.
So i've always thought it must me a love hate thing from the get-go, but i guess i'm wrong.

It would be nice if we got the casual coop going like we did a few months ago, if there's some interested players.
Jono??

I'd be up for it again! :)

But one thing... installing ACRE, ACE and all those mods that increase the immersion beyond mount everest level take only about 1-2 hours to download and install... something to consider?

Upvote 0
I'd be up for it again! :)

But one thing... installing ACRE, ACE and all those mods that increase the immersion beyond mount everest level take only about 1-2 hours to download and install... something to consider?

yeah i'll do it - the issue i have at the moment is my main pc has a windows problem and needs sorting (i think i mentioned that a while ago.. still not fixed....i want to try to keep my programs and saves. I guess i should upgrade over vista to win 7)
reason i havent got round to this is cos i 'm lazy and using a PC that i'm supposed to be giving to a mate at work but haven't got round to it as i know i'll have to deal with mine when its gone if i want to play arma.
So i am semi reluctant to put all the addons on, when i should be uninstalling everything anyway.

But sod it, yeah i'll do it and let you know.
Ppl here might want ot join the RO:arma steam group and get together for some coop.

I've just remembered as well jono is without a pc for a bit too.

Upvote 0