• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

But the spiders are too big in Australia. :(

They sure are, and the rest of their wildlife is just.. confusing, what the hell is a Platypus!?!?

It's a bird because it has a beak, only it's not because it's a mammal, only it's a reptile because it lays eggs and has venom, but it's not a reptile, its... what the hell is it!?

I refuse to recognize Australia as a country untill they can get the damned Platupus to make up it's mind, and decidede what it wants to be :mad:

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
They sure are, and the rest of their wildlife is just.. confusing, what the hell is a Platypus!?!?

Its a MAMMAL moran! :p

In fact the Platypus is my 2nd favorite animal, right after the ... WOMBAT!
Just look at this guy!
332211701_a9a421140f.jpg

Upvote 0
Well discriminating in jobs etc sucks of course and has to be dealt with. Marriage however is something that should in my opinion not be made equal because marriage is still very much focused (also financially) on getting children. Now I hope I'm not starting a 10-page discussion with 5 people ending up getting banned here.

Then me and my distant future hubby will have gaybies! There's always adopting, as well as doing the surrogate mother thing.

Edit: Oh arse, doublepost. :(

Upvote 0
I'm raging hard at the way "justice" is handled in britain. I want to ragequit to the US or Canada. I want to be able to defend myself, perform citizen's arrest, collect firearms of all sorts (with the exception of fully-automatic weapons) and have homo rights and such. The place ought to be nice as well, preferably rural. Where in the US or Canada would be my best choices?

I'd say the Western US, they tend to be red states but overall are more individualistic/libertarian on social issues (except Utah) than the south tends to be. Certain enclaves of the south, especially the Gulf Coast, are pretty gay friendly, but the Bible Belt isn't. As far as firearms, you'd be fine pretty much anywhere except big cities like Chicago.

If landscape is your thing, the west would be ideal. Anything as south as Arizona or even as far north as Montana or the Dakotas. It's really a vast, beautiful area.

Last edited:
Reactions: timur
Upvote 0
Well discriminating in jobs etc sucks of course and has to be dealt with. Marriage however is something that should in my opinion not be made equal because marriage is still very much focused (also financially) on getting children. Now I hope I'm not starting a 10-page discussion with 5 people ending up getting banned here.

Maybe where you are that is the case, but at least here it also is a legal issue and a fincancial issue involving a great deal of social and political stuff. Not really focused on kids, as often here parents aren't always married and married couples often dont have kids. *shrugs*

Anyways, Gay Marriage itself is nearly passed in California. Discrimination is mostly just in the Bible Belt, I'd avoid that. And once you pass the Apalachians....guns laws are hardly a problem :cool:

Upvote 0

Your opinion is wrong, let's just leave it at that.

Upvote 0
I'm raging hard at the way "justice" is handled in britain. I want to ragequit to the US or Canada. I want to be able to defend myself, perform citizen's arrest, collect firearms of all sorts (with the exception of fully-automatic weapons) and have homo rights and such. The place ought to be nice as well, preferably rural. Where in the US or Canada would be my best choices?

Your only possible option is Vermont.

It's a very liberal state, and I believe gay marriage is legal there. It is also, however, and quite uniquely for such a liberal place, very relaxed on the issue of firearms. So long as you're legally able to own a gun, you can carry - openly or concealed - without a permit there. The disqualifiers are basically the federal disqualifiers - restraining orders, domestic violence conviction, drug addiction, immigration status, felony conviction, and having previously been adjudicated as mentally incompetant.

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
Marriage however is something that should in my opinion not be made equal because marriage is still very much focused (also financially) on getting children.

Just tell that to my cousin and her partner, who've adopted a child and gave it a loving home (cuz otherwise it would have been dead).

(and since this is the everything thread, go for it...just don't flame others...cuz I will dispense swift justice)

Upvote 0