• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

ugh, my gf wants me to go to university while I'm crap at studying. I'm not an idiot, I just can't sit at a desk, looking at a book for hours. But according to her it's the only way for us to be together and for me to have a nice job like a teacher. But
1) I'm socially akward, as soon as more than 1 person looks at me to hear what I'm going to say I get nervous, if it's around 10 people my throat gets dry and all I can do is cough.
2) I enjoy working outside but she hates jobs like that.
Slap her upside the head and tell her to make you a sandwich.

Upvote 0
So, I was playing Blitzkrieg last night, right, minding my own business, invading USSR and all that. I select a mission listed as 'hard', which usually means the enemy will have superior tanks, AT guns, most likely artillery support and ground attack aircraft.
In the briefing I was informed that they had a strong artillery group covering the sector and that they were equipped with guns that most likely had large enough a range to cover the entire area. Taking this into account, I decided not to use my own artillery battery due to the risk of being pummeled out of existence by the superior communist arty. D:
And sure enough, once I almost go mad trying to take out a KV 1 and 2 and some entrenched AT guns with nothing but Panzer III Js and StuG III As and infantry, I finally get near to the suggested location of the enemy artillery group, only to find that, much to my dismay, it had been an armoured group composed of around 4 T34s and 3 T26s.
Apparently this damn game can also supply me with false intelligence. FML.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ugh, my gf wants me to go to university while I'm crap at studying. I'm not an idiot, I just can't sit at a desk, looking at a book for hours. But according to her it's the only way for us to be together and for me to have a nice job like a teacher. But
1) I'm socially akward, as soon as more than 1 person looks at me to hear what I'm going to say I get nervous, if it's around 10 people my throat gets dry and all I can do is cough.
2) I enjoy working outside but she hates jobs like that.

So...have you communicated this to her?

Upvote 0
Yes she knows all this. I told her it's quite pointless to go to uni when I'm pretty sure I will fail, but her parents want her to have a bf with a good education. So either way, I will dislike it.

Who cares about what her parents want. How old are you and your girlfriend? Maybe it's different in Belgium but I really don't see why her parents would have that much of an influence on her decisions if she's old enough to support herself (assuming she lives on her own.)

Also, who gives a **** if she doesn't want you to work outside? I realize couples need to compromise on things but you should do what makes you happy.

Upvote 0
........... Life of Brian was also pretty hilarious.............. I always wonder why people never quote that one.

you gotta be kidding - although it's got less one-line quotes i guess.
this means you're generally subjected to whole scene quotes, but fortunatley I think it's much the funnier of the two, looking less dated.

Upvote 0
I feel like showing what i play when i'm not playing games:

Spoiler!

It's taken a while to put together, and since this picture i've

Spoiler!

Seeing as there's no music board, here it is. :D

Upvote 0