• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

You think game companies are bad? You should see what John Deere does to their customers when it comes to software. Bought a $200,000, GPS autosteer ready tractor lately? Guess what? That $30,000 proprietary hardware upgrade for autosteer is useless unless you buy a $15,000 proprietary receiver/computer combination. Its hard to buy a tractor now without the autosteer hardware. Oh, and that receiver/computer is worthless without the the proprietary $2,000 software package to boot it up with. Want Real Time Kinematic (RTK) reproducablity? How about an additional $1500 per year subscription per unit? But at least the receiver/computer is moveable from one equipment to the other you say? Sure, but if you go from tractor to combine, you'll have to buy the harvest equipment $$oftware. Plan to keep the receiver/computer at trade and install it in the new tractor? Sure, that'll work for maybe one trade, then they'll deprecate the hardware and it becomes incompatable with the newer machines....

And while I'm ranting, there is nothing wrong with the economy in the US. At least not in the union land of green and yellow. They are sold out of planters until late in the year of 2013 and have been since early 2011. Can't meet the demand they say.....Hmmm. I know a lot good hard working folks that would love to work on the line manufacturing the parts and building the planters. Sounds a little like 'induced demand' to run up prices to me. But then after 30 years at this, I shouldn't be surprised by anything John Deere or Monsanto does......

Upvote 0
Need a little help here guys! I had brought a laptop for JB Hi-Fi earlier this year that states it has two graphic processors totaling 3GB GPU, but recently, after updating my driver, I have found out that as of now it is only using one 1.6Gb processor, and I can not find the other processor or reconfigure it to use both :mad:

MS website and Nvidia was about as much help as a wet sack, and these horrible user interfaces are not helping me one bit... Could you guys help me?

Upvote 0
Just another normal day in Montreal....
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
The DEERE,,can make you cry

The DEERE,,can make you cry

Amazing story concerning the equipment.That company,in particular is supposed to represent the values of ordinary Americans,,,,and American Capitalism.

Our style of cap,differs substantially to that of the Europeans.Our style,is Cutthroat Capitalism,,,,,the Europeans have more of a relaxed and humanistic approach.

Your story illustrates an example of the U.S. Brand,A.K.A. Lehman Brothers.I have always envied people who worked the Earth,,,,,but it seems more difficult ,year after year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha I was videotaping up to a point. Once it got to really loud self-loathing and continual vomiting, I had to stop.

At a point, I had a sudden realization that my one good friend was not there to chill, but to babysit. I thought to myself "well f**k, now I feel like I have to babysit"

I was nice and high too, but that all ruined it real quick.

Upvote 0