• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Streamer mode" as a music option

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    We know Killing Floor 2 uses licensed music from Solid State Records, so i think for a music option, I think it'd be worth it to consider a mode where the licensed songs are replaced with chiptune renditions of them. Bonus points if NES or Genesis-authenticity is also achieved, though I dunno if the Sega Megadrive has a counterpart to the NES' famitracker.

Didn't you already make a topic on that a while ago? Or maybe it was somebody else.

Anyway, I doubt Tripwire would find any interest in doing so, considering the OST hasn't been updated in forever. And the game itself runs on autopilot. Not only that, but I suppose it would be quite possible that you actually have to pay royalties or at least have the artists be okay with somebody remaking their tracks for marketing purposes (unless you earn NOTHING from your stream?)

I'd happily be proven wrong, but I think that's wishful thinking at best.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    This is an excellent suggestion and imo something that should be standard with all newer game releases with music where issues can pop up. Unfortunately, Steamer options are not likely to happen for KF2 at this point in it's life. However, it is likely something that would be part of future TW games.

Upvote 0
    Didn't you already make a topic on that a while ago? Or maybe it was somebody else.

Yes, and yes. But it's a fair thing to ask.

While TWI may not care if licensed music is in streamed games or uploaded videos, the all-seeing copyright bots unfortunately do, and sadly "this actual thing we paid to have in the game is in the game and also covered up by gunshots and explosions" is not a legitimate excuse to them.

Upvote 0