• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I'd accept what you say except the most of my members get the downloads at the fast speeds it is only a few of us that have this problem. I'm talking with Bigpond (my ISP) about your clams of throttling by ISP they are looking in to it as I speak should know later to day. May have to take it up with the Department of Fair Trading.
You need to review your trade agreement with your ISP, check the fine print carefully.

ISPs tend to protect themselves using the TOS, as long as they state to you what you -should- be getting then they have no legal obligation to start changing your line.

If they say you should be getting 2.5MEGABYTES but you're only downloading at 256KILOBYTES, then something is amiss, but if they state that its 2.5MEGABITS and you're downloading at 256KILOBYTES, then they have stated exactly what you are receiving.

As I stated in a previous post, Mb and MB are two different things entirely.

Upvote 0
why is when I down load my ATI graphic drivers from the U' States they come in at 1.6 - 1.8 Mb/s as all other downloads. it's only Steam with 256KB/s. Also I've tried all Steam clouds all the same speed.

PS most of the time download speeds are as low as 36KB/s the 256KB/s is the max speed.

Because a driver website isn't uploading hundreds of game titles ranging from between a few hundred megabytes to a few gigabytes.

a typical ATI Graphic driver is about 15-100Mb in size, give or take on how much they change, the servers would be more dedicated to you so you get the entire bandwidth.

Upvote 0
Jeez you're spoiled, I guess you must not be that old yet. I still remember the days when we got our first internet connection.

It was a 56k telephone line, which would give you 5 kb/s at maximum, but usually it would be no more than 1 or 2 kb.
To load a normal webpage would atleast take you 3 minutes and 5 to 15 minutes on picture heavy webpages.

Even though things like games were much smaller back then, the bigger size downloads would still take a few days.
It might not have been so fast but we still enjoyed it.

Now you come here complaining about how you don't even have the patience to wait more than an hour to download a game which you will probably play for atleast a couple dozen of hours.
And it's really not like you have to stare at your screen while you're downloading it.

You can even open steam whenever you don't do anything bandwidth intensive and close it temporarily to continue it some other time.

Reactions: Comrade Kaizer
Upvote 0
@ OP, i got around 2mb/ps downlaods from bigpond, are you on cable or ADSL+2?

if you're cable, ring up to Bigpond and complain cause you should be getting way more than that.

you could also try this.. http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/Gamearena_Steam_Content_Server_Help

i used a firewall to block all non GameArena IP's, but i wouldn't reccomend it if you don't know what you're doing.

Upvote 0
I also get 256kbps download speed on steam, it isn't ideal, but I live with it, best thing to do when you download is either leave it on all day, or leave it on over night. Then backup your steam games so you never have to download it again. :)

This as well. When my connection was slower, I would just leave it on, go mow the lawn, make dinner and do all those other life things. Eventually it would be done. Slightly annoying but no big deal in the end.

Best of luck getting the issues resolved.

Upvote 0
Is this steam-only?

The PayPal problem, or buying the game in general? If the latter, no - RO2 is available on Direct2Drive, and a number of other digital outlets that I can't quite remember right now :) heh

UK Link: http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=red%20orchestra%202

As for the PayPal problem, I'm not sure - I bought something on Steam with PP the other day at least, and it worked fine. But it could well have been broken (updated) since then.

Upvote 0
Third: If you want me and all others with this problem to buy your game you should investigate the problem.
So, TWI should investigate a problem that is in no way related to their upcoming, already delayed and heavily worked on product, but is either caused by software from another company, your ISP or your system settings just to make sure that there is one more guy buying their game?
Mate, that is not how it works. If you have a problem with Steam, you have to ask the Steam support. Or your ISP, as several people already suggested. There is no way an American game developer can solve problems most probably related to third-party-companies that don't even work in the same branch (ISPs).

Upvote 0
lmfao :rolleyes: okay calm down op first there's ways to fix this by going to download location and making sure its set to the correct speed and location. however its probably not related to steam at all so go look for your problem instead of being a dick. then even if it does this is my average speed for 2 downloads you can ****ing wait man its not that big a deal. (i remember my windows 95 boy was that thing slow, but i still loved it.) also i don't give a **** if you don't buy the games i don't think the devs do either, hell with your attitude i'm glad i won't have to play with someone like you. don't threaten to not buy the game or randomly rage on a forum because you feel you have the self entitlement, because you don't. :(:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lmfao :rolleyes: okay calm down op first there's ways to fix this by going to download location and making sure its set to the correct speed and location. then even if it does this is my average speed for 2 downloads you can ****ing wait man its not that big a deal. also i don't give a **** if you don't buy the games i don't' think the devs do either, hell with your attitude i'm glad i won't have to play with someone like you. don't threaten to not buy the game or randomly rage on a forum because you feel you have the self entitlement because you don't. :(:rolleyes:
Damn straight!

Upvote 0
Dude, switch to a diferent server region.
I for one use the Portuguese server and I get a constant 1+ MB/s download speed everytime. Rare are the times that I get anything under 1 Mb/s.

By just switching to a DL server that isnt very used, you can increase the DL speed by a LOT.
I've gotten 4 Mb/s (I didnt belive it when I saw it) trough the UK server.

Upvote 0