• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grandad1953

Aug 24, 2011
If Steam is the only way receive updates and map packs I will not be buying your game:mad:! You may be wondering why, it's all to do with Steams download speed of 256KB/s when my speed is 2Mb/s . Have contacted them on several occasions with NO answers. There a number of clan members with the same problem they get the same answers as me none.

Sorry to the developers who put in so much hard work in only to be let down by a third party.

If your connection is 2 megabits, then 256kb/s download is around your limit, because there are 8 bits in a byte, therefore 2/8=0.25 megabytes/s. If you do in fact have a 2 megabyte connection then try changing download region and your bandwidth size in the settings.

You can test what speed your connection actually is at somewhere like speedtest.net

Upvote 0
If your connection is 2 megabits, then 256kb/s download is around your limit, because there are 8 bits in a byte, therefore 2/8=0.25 megabytes/s. If you do in fact have a 2 megabyte connection then try changing download region and your bandwidth size in the settings.

You can test what speed your connection actually is at somewhere like speedtest.net

why is when I down load my ATI graphic drivers from the U' States they come in at 1.6 - 1.8 Mb/s as all other downloads. it's only Steam with 256KB/s. Also I've tried all Steam clouds all the same speed.

PS most of the time download speeds are as low as 36KB/s the 256KB/s is the max speed.

Upvote 0
In which case, try changing the download location and download speed in Steam - make sure that you select Cable/Fiber > 10M. Because you are in Australia you probably need to check some of the forums there for issues like this. If it is consistently at 256kB/s then your ISP is probably throttling Steam server traffic. There is a forum concerning Steam download servers here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1230616 which might be useful to you, primarily for avoiding exceeding bandwidth caps, but might help you with your issue by forcing Steam to use local content servers.

Upvote 0