• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Star Wars: Force Unleashed

I thought it was obvious that the examples above were just that: examples. I could've very well taken respawning enemies, or hitscan weapons, or whatever else realism fans think doesn't belong in a realistic game.

The point stands: Outside of these forums there exists a world full of people who have no idea what I was just talking about. They see a game where soldiers bleed, kill and in a scenario strikingly similar to the one they had just seen the minute before on the news and to them that feels REALISTIC.

Want proof? Since you're German I guess you know the MTV videogame show "Game One". I may quote their review of Call of Duty 4:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wJjbkqg9Beo

"...the high degree of realism typical to the series has been carried over to part 4..."

"... I think the increasing realism in these games will become a problem in the future..."

They especially had a problem with the 1st mission where your teammates kill the sleeping enemies and the level where you mow down masses of respawning enemies with the gunship btw.

Wow...just wow :(:(:(:(

Upvote 0
Luke Skywalker in an 80s anorak? Cool...

About the Wii controls: Why don't they get it? We want the Wiimote to BE the item in the game. You move the Wiimote an inch to the left, the item moves an inch to the left. That's it.
Why do they always have to make it like: This Wiimote movement pattern triggers that pre-made animation, this one this, etc. ? What's the point of having the Wiimote at all?

Upvote 0
Just a small point of the Star wars game.
Which part of holding a sword don't people understand in Star Wars land.
Why has the main character got his light sabre upside down.You hold a sword (and therefore a light sabre ) with the handle at the bottom and the blade pointing up.It looks bloody stupid to do it any other way.
But i suppose it ranks along side my other pet hate on sword use in films and games.Having the scabbard on your back.How the f*** are you supposed to draw a sword when your arm isn't long enough to get it from the stupid scabbard.Unless you use a scabbard with Velcro down one side.
Plus yes the bit about Knighting him was stupid.I wish George Lucas had never seen a film with knights in it.He should have stuck to ripping off cowboy films and war films.

Upvote 0
So you are saying this whole light saber thing is NOT realistic:eek:
Haha.:D
If I were you I'd post a rolleye and remark how this turns into yet another realism debate now, but since I'm not I'm just going to smile at your joke.:p

gautrek: With light-sabres all the things you mentioned would work.:p
That upside down style has been used historically in some cultures with real swords anyway and carrying a two-handed sword around isn't very comfortable in a sheash strapped around your waist unless you have rather long feet. So strapping it on the back seems like a good idea to me. If you need it you can unstrap it and draw it then. You don't have to draw it directly from the back. With a light-sabre I don't quite see what would stop you though..

Upvote 0
It's actually quite fun. The biggest, biggest problems with the game are the crappy controls (completely impossible to aim force gripped objects properly) and the insane difficulty. It's really, really hard, and most of that can be attributed to the terrible controls and camera. Also, do people understand anymore that lightsabers are supposed to cut through things? What we have going here is a lightbat.

However the story of the game is very well done, and the graphics are outstanding. I know what people say about visiting the same locales throughout the game, but each time you visit a planet, the scenery has changed and you're in a different area completely. It looks quite astounding. The force powers are also a lot of fun to use, but it needs to be more intuitive and less guess-work, and with less God of War-style combos. It's worth a rent for sure, but not a buy.

Upvote 0