• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sprint Centering in HoS

I think the whole "free-aim while in ironsights" thing will essentially be a clever way of simulating a weapon's inertia. So for example let's say you're aiming down the sights of a Mosin: if you move your mouse really fast to the left, your view will go to the left really fast, but your Mosin will kind of lag behind, and only arrive "at destination" (i.e. the center of the screen with its sights aligned nicely) some fraction of a second later (or longer/shorter). With that system, heavier weapon would take longer to "re-center" because they are heavier to move than lighter weapons. (So the "lag" of a pistol while in iron sights would be alot less noticeable than that of a mosin with bayonet).

As for free-aim from the hip, it could be made very simple: free-aim is always there, of course, but while running (not sprinting), after a few seconds of zero input from the mouse (when you're not moving your mouse) your weapon re-centers. While not moving at all, it should be several seconds, just for the kick of people showing off their hip-shooting skillz. :p Before being shot in the head, of course. As for sprinting, which is the subject of this thread, it should automatically (but not instantaneously!!!) re-center upon leaving "sprint mode" (i.e. releasing "Shift"), the speed at which your weapon re-centers depending on it's weight (the heavier the slower) and your stamina (the more fatigued the slower).

My 2

Upvote 0