• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

Thank you, i'm gonna try :)

The files have the same name (AwesomeClot2) as those of the last patch.

I hope there will be no conflict between the different versions.

It will works if i rename the files ?

Wont work, reason why its same name because I dont want other versions to be alive. People will see that is a new version because the only places you can download these from is moddb, steam and twi forums. So if anyone gets a mismatch they'll come here, but most people dont really have this newer versions by the amount of downloads I seen. so they'll just redownload again from the server.

Upvote 0
Nothing to do with the mod.

Maybe stop spamming about servers which don't work or crash and just reboot them, work on them, just don't tell on here. This is about KF Versus not about servers.

Back on topic: what do you think of Beta 3? IMO it's very well done, good ballancing, I really love it. I actually found only 2 cons:
1. Spawn in air and fall at nothing expecting survivors... shall have been some limit for spawning in air shouldn't there?
2. Bots just ignore Patriarch-player, which is very irritating on single player and when u play online and main player dies so actually all game dies cuz bots DO NOT SHOOT and not only I found it out. Seems like they don't even see him at all. In previous versions they shoot him at first sight... and I am sure they had ammo, plus my friend got infinite ammo for bots (idk any more details) and still they didn't shoot him...

But the flashlight, strafe and spawns are done great (ok, spawns great but still read con number 1) so... the cons don't matter. Especially the fact it's versus made it great.

Oh and trader cutscene and Patriarch cutscene... IT DOEN'T pause the game, which really sux... :( In my opinion the scenes shall block keyboards and mouses and bots movements for cutscene time, and to patriarch disable the shooting modes and healing for the cutscene mode.

OK I kinda wrote too much didn't I...? :D

Upvote 0
I successfully updated my server to it without any problems and connected to it to test it out, so far so good. However, I did notice a possible glitch...

When you join the game and select specimen but are the only human player and bots are disabled you'll spawn as a human which is supposed to happen HOWEVER, you'll be able to see the health meters of specimen that aren't even close to you which is kind of cheap.

Also, the hit damage as a human player is kind of annoying IMO but definitely useful as a specimen...

The choice of perks upon starting the game was a excellent addition as well, definitely more user-friendly now.

Upvote 0
Was it really that much of a detriment to your life that he posted that?

Not to my life but... ok to my life, Versus became my life and Cheetah my God so please stop offtopics and go back on our way! :)

Just noticed that there are less clots latelly. It seems good idea since there are more bot-speciments around :D

But annoying thing is on trader when you see results of your kills... the bots don't count... so if u kill like 20 gorefast players and 5 bot FPs, it'll just count the gorefast players so... kinda annoying... can you cheetah make it also count bot speciments?

Upvote 0
My post was related to a server running the Versus mod. Don't be rude and stay out of discussions not concerning you.

Hmmm... well, just let's stay mostly on-topic OK?
And you know, on forum u r meant to write bout versus, ask about servers - other topic or just priv messaging witch Cheetah perhaps.
Oh well just nvm I just mean the topic is getting more and more bugged with offtopics...

Upvote 0