• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

I played this in solo. The bots were pretty tough in terms of accuracy and reflex. They nearly always fragged me as soon as I was spotted. But they wasted their ammo too fast and were left with melee weapons before the end of a wave. They also bought AA12 when they had enough money regardless of perk. Could you add an unlimited ammo option for bots and make them choose the weapons that fit their perk?

And I know this is vs mode, but could you also make specimens other than clots appear when I play on the bots' side?

Upvote 0
And I know this is vs mode, but could you also make specimens other than clots appear when I play on the bots' side?

Actually I told him same thing. He gonna do that. But I think he shall make NOT numbers of bots, but shorlty an option "BOT ballance" which will make same number of bots in humen as many are speciment players, and the opposite, as many humens as many bot speciments.

Upvote 0
And NIGHT VISSION won't help the dark places! Flashlight will :D

What do you mean it wont help in dark places? Night vision gives you the ability to see in dark. Much better than the flashlight imo.

NightVision = night, KF = bloom baby = eye cancer.

Well of course you would add the option of turning nightvision on and off. Giving a flashlight to specimens would be silly.

Upvote 0
More commands O_O I could do nightvision but the amount of hassle to tell everysingle new player who doesnt read the readme or joined a server is quite tiring? Especially non-english speakers (Wish my parents new other languages).

U misspelled. KNEW not NEW :D

And nighvision still won't help. Cheetah made the flashlight well. It isn't like a flashlight humen use, it's just for speciment player. It just gives light where speciment looks like, but others don't see it (or aren't supposed to IDK yet Cheetah shall explain all...).

IMO Night Vision WON'T HELP in totally black places with no cloes where to go, but lighter would since black walls get colors when flashlight is on! :)

Upvote 0
More commands O_O I could do nightvision but the amount of hassle to tell everysingle new player who doesnt read the readme or joined a server is quite tiring? Especially non-english speakers (Wish my parents new other languages).

Not if you bind it to the flashlight button.

IMO Night Vision WON'T HELP in totally black places with no cloes where to go, but lighter would since black walls get colors when flashlight is on! :)

night_vision_htmgen2tree.jpg

A bit bad picture, but I just dont understand hows nightvision so bad in your opinion. Its just like seeing in light, except that its green.

Upvote 0
Difference: in KF it won't work out... It's same like in l4d, they got night vision (infected) but still in dark areas they can't see ****. In game difference is just that all will be green, but not lighter. FLASHLIGHT will make it well. It'll be just like only speciment player sees own light just to see in dark areas, humen don't see it so it don't disturb them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Difference: in KF it won't work out... It's same like in l4d, they got night vision (infected) but still in dark areas they can't see ****. In game difference is just that all will be green, but not lighter. FLASHLIGHT will make it well. It'll be just like only speciment player sees own light just to see in dark areas, humen don't see it so it don't disturb them.

Well maybe it doesnt work out in Unreal engine, but it does work in some other games/engines.

Upvote 0
Well maybe it doesnt work out in Unreal engine, but it does work in some other games/engines.

You got it right... same I thought! But flashlight makes it good anyways. :)

so how to fix this then? coz i want 12player not 8:p

Well, first check your mutator advanced settings, then check server settings. If it's not a prob with them, then probably it's just a bug which to remove you have to reboot server... not sure tho.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What has changed:
Added some hud feed back for damaging, moved the broadcast of specimen damaging a player out of speech box to somewhere else,
Balanced specimen damages,
balanced specimen spawning more, more chance of being a stalker,siren,husk,scrake,fleshpound, the gorefast and crawler dominated the spawning,
Patriarch entrance looks cooler with smoke,
fun new cutscene,
specimen can see other specimen through wall,
specimen can spawn if they are a distance away even if they aren't behind a wall,
Player getting stuck issue resolved,
GoreFast,Scrake,Patriarch,Fleshpound strafing disabled.
if there are two specimens or less then AI specimens are enabled.
Flashlight only seen by specimen for seeing the dark (sorry it shows better).

Download
[URL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BPLFXRIG[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0