• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So what are your thoughts about Rae?

Furious Imbecile

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Finland
I personally like her voice, but I greatly dislike her base looks.

Not her chubbyness, but her default hair and outfit. The wig is an improvement, but it's not all that great either.

What irks me in her dress is the fact that it looks very out of place even for a survivor. Not to mention that it's bulky and still instead of being... uh... graceful and fluid? You probably understand what I'm going for here...

Then the hair with that bandanna? Ugh...

She just isn't what I was expecting out of an australian and a new female character in a "zombie game" you know? She looks like somebody teleported a Pre-War housewife from Fallout in here and didn't let her go shopping for some actual wasteland gear before arriving.

But anyways, enough about my rumbling, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I think her face looks a bit too cartoony, it's probably because her eyes seem to large and her pupils seem a bit big as well. If you put shades on her and you can't see her eyes, she looks a lot better.

But yeah, my initial reaction was "WTF is this...." and so were most of my friends' reactions.

This is either really awesome or absolutely horrible depending on who you ask:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first thought was "Huh. She kinda looks like that woman who does the Metal Kitchen videos."

A quick Google search shows that said woman's name is also Rae, and the two look exactly alike. Huh.

At any rate, I like her. Her body, face, voice, etc. are all enjoyable. (Okay, that sounded odd, but eh.) I don't mind her wearing a dress, but the style is a bit odd to me. Something akin to a shirt & long skirt would've been more practical.

Upvote 0
image.php

Upvote 0
I don't mind her at all, but that comes from "we'll get more male and female characters later on" mindset. She's cool and all and I like aussies, the oz attitude is there! She's mad and laughs at death, things like "I DON'T WANT TO DANCE" make me giggle.

I even get the dress, who thinks about armour, speed and optimal conditions for movement/protection in combat when they are a civilian sharpshooter not expecting to be anywhere near it? That's how I see her clothes choice anyway, makes sense to me that she wouldn't have thought about it. Doesn't seem to care too much about dying neither which is fun and supports the lack of forethought! She's a mad civvie sharpshooter!

I did expect like some stereotypical outback "tf2 sniper" type theme with her though, would have been cool but rockabilly was an interesting choice. I always appreciate originality!

Upvote 0
The voice actress does one hell of a job, I agree. Beats the hell out of Tracer's voice actress.

I do have second thoughts on her hands, though. A little too big in some cases? For example, using the LAR, she looks HUGE compared to the guys. I get that she isn't one of those tippy-toed gals but they still look oversized. No problem whilst holding the Railgun though.

Good god being a zerk as her - all of that work in that dress and those shoes.

#HousewifeRevolution

Upvote 0