• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So! Let's nerf!

I suggest KF be the first game to have a Nerf perk.

nerf-guns-8-470-0409.jpg
Could at least have picked a cooler looking Maverick!
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Funfact, this is a survival horror game. Not L4D where you run through hundreds of weak zombies and push them aside like they're nothing. Don't like it? Then you've likely wasted your money on KF, and time on the forums.

1. Fun fact: Left 4 Dead is also a survival horror game.

2. (The bold): You can do the same thing in Killing Floor, only with your bullets instead of your fists.

Upvote 0
1. Fun fact: Left 4 Dead is also a survival horror game.

2. (The bold): You can do the same thing in Killing Floor, only with your bullets instead of your fists.

well, you have to admit that the basic clot feels a lot more powerful than even 10 l4d zombies; that's how L4D is designed, to make you feel the "theres so many of them" element. And many people don't like it, some do. Don't go "white-knighting" when you don't need to; it just sucks you into the argument.

Also, melee feels weak in source, but luckily the combination of zombies made of styrofoam and limited melee makes up for it in L4D. But, once again, L4D is a legitamate series; I like to play it with some pals (its good fun). But let's not try and cover up some of the perceived flaws that some find attractive and others don't.

Anyways, thats my rant, now I shall back out before I get sucked into the actual thread;)

Upvote 0
Well in my mind, despite all the irritating gameplay features to L4D the main thing I likw about KF over it is KF actually has a rich background story to it all.

L4D just kinda sez "Due to some unknown catastrophe, all other humans are dead or infected, you and the only 3 other people who aren't infected for some reason have managed to find each other somehow. Survive together against infected humans, some of which have mutated into stronger creatures for no apparant reason, and get to an escape vehicle that leads to an unknown destination."

It serves its purpose for setting the scene of a zombie apocalypse, but it doesn't encapture me because I have no idea how or why I'm in this mess, I have no goal to go for other than getting away. This wouldn't be such a problem if the gameplay wasn't so infuriating at times...

KF on the other hand, every single creature has a unique back story, all the core maps have their own tales to tell, and even alot of the core weapons have a place in the story.

Some people might say the story is unneccesary, heck people have enjoyed KF without even knowing there was a story, but personally it hooks me into the world of Killing Floor because everything is there for a reason.

Upvote 0
Let's not just turn this into a bash-L4D thread, it's makes everyone on these forums look immature. Everyone knows L4D is not going to be received well on these forums, so let's leave it at that. Timur's the only one at least trying to remain objective about it, everyone else is beginning to catch that HURR L4D IS VLAVES FAILEST GAEM tone.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
Let's not just turn this into a bash-L4D thread, it's makes everyone on these forums look immature. Everyone knows L4D is not going to be received well on these forums, so let's leave it at that. Timur's the only one at least trying to remain objective about it, everyone else is beginning to catch that HURR L4D IS VLAVES FAILEST GAEM tone.

Well said, can't stand the fanboys that think they are kissing TWI's *** by putting down a game some consider a 'competitor', despite the fact that the developers themselves like the game (and that it's not really a competitor).

Upvote 0

Fair point, although I would like to point out there is a difference between fanboying and having a strong opinion. In my mind at least L4D 1 is decent, but I can't stand L4D2. I know they are pretty much the same, but I dunno L4D2 just gets on my wick.

I'll concede its not the worst game in the world, however for me, just like Call Of Duty, it just pushes my rage button over and over. Both games are very popular, they both have crisp graphics, robust control schemes and they are both programmed very well. However I personally find myself pissed off more often than I find myself having fun.

Tbh I think I'm just a mod fan. Modders seem to get it, whatever "it" is. CSS, RO, KF, TF2 all started as mods and they are all games that rank very high on my list.

I can't speak for everyone here of course, but personally I'm not sucking up to TWI (Well maybe a little, since I still rate KF higher than any other multiplayer game I've ver played :)), I just have a strong dislike for the game. Maybe its because I played beyond my fill, I don't know, but I myself can't stand L4D2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll concede its not the worst game in the world, however for me, just like Call Of Duty, it just pushes my rage button over and over. Both games are very popular, they both have crisp graphics, robust control schemes and they are both programmed very well. However I personally find myself pissed off more often than I find myself having fun.

The things that irritated me about MW2 was the "fake lag", it looked like it played fine, but was laggy, and there was no way to tell unless you saw the other player's deathcam. Many times I ran around a corner and put a couple bullets in some guy's head, then I die, and it shows nothing on the deathcam.
Also, the inability to choose a server was retard on a pedestal. My last gripe about the game was the abundance of skilless weapons, like dual glocks, P90s, ect. Just point in their general direction and wave around the mouse while holding down the fire button.
I would probably play it a lot if these annoying things weren't in the game. I liked the singleplayer a lot, once I found out how to turn off the annoying music.

Upvote 0
@ Rainydaykid

I hear you bro. TBH CoDMW2 was jsut a straight port of the Xbox version onto PC: -
- No Server list
- No Dedicated Servers
- No Command Console
- No Lean
- No FPS cap (games play smoother on a lower steady FPS than an erratic high one)
- Charge for new maps (Seriously wth?)
- Not even a damn ping readout, just these 3 crappy cars that tell you sod all.

MW2 is the pinultimate example of fail on PC. Even Operation Flashpoint was better. Only thing good about MW2 is the Spec Ops mode and perhaps the Single Player Campaign. If it weren't for them I'd have snapped the disk.

Thankfully RO HoS is the exact opposite of CODMW2, and tbh looks sick. Check it out :)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=679411#post679411

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Rainydaykid

I hear you bro. TBH CoDMW2 was jsut a straight port of the Xbox version onto PC: -
- No Server list
- No Dedicated Servers
- No Command Console
- No Lean
- No FPS cap (games play smoother on a lower steady FPS than an erratic high one)
- Charge for new maps (Seriously wth?)
- Not even a damn ping readout, just these 3 crappy cars that tell you sod all.

MW2 is the pinultimate example of fail on PC. Even Operation Flashpoint was better. Only thing good about MW2 is the Spec Ops mode and perhaps the Single Player Campaign. If it weren't for them I'd have snapped the disk.

Thankfully RO HoS is the exact opposite of CODMW2, and tbh looks sick. Check it out :)

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=679411#post679411[/URL]

Why snap it? You would be ruining a perfectly good frisbee!:p

On a more serious tone, I too cannot wait for HoS. It's a PC game made for the PC. It has realism that provides challenge, balance, a unique fun, and yet they have made sure that it is easy to get into without being a total realism nut. It promises good teamplay, a fun time, and a truly unique gameplay experience. Truly a TWI game right there.:D

As for CoD, I am no fan, but for each their own. Anyways, it seems like more of a console game in my opinion. If I am going to get it, it would be for it's natural console, and not for a forced PC port (I will probably not get it though, as it just doesn't seem quite so appealing). Anyways, I need to save up my dosh for HoS!

Upvote 0