• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Smoke shells, smoke grenades, and smoke screens

I like the idea of smoke grenades, and from the RO development standpoint (so far as I can gather, to make things as historically accurate and realistic as possible without destroying gameplay), they would seem like a sure fit, so long as they were actually used on the eastern front, and I have a feeling they were :) However, as mentioned, there are issues to contend with...so unless the dev team can figure out how to implement them effectively, I wouldn't miss them all that much.

Of course....I HAVE thought to myself numerous times in RO "man...some smoke would sure help me cross that street", etc.

Upvote 0
Tripwire seem to have striven for as much historical accuracy as possible. Of course, you have to strike a balance between that and fun or you lose your customers. There might be a gameplay imbalance issue with smoke, historically speaking, because the Germans employed smoke with their AFVs, whereas the Soviets don't seem to have ever bothered. I think only the pioneers had any smoke munitions among the infantry of either side.

Upvote 0