• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Shneidzekk Medic Gun

My bad on the sharpshooter assumption, hoople.
nothing new to the table aside from being "cool".
It might not have any new special functions, and it's pretty much a MP5 with different stats, but those stats are pretty significant. It gives the 'Zekk a role as a high-DPS, top-tier medic submachine gun. That role might not have been particularly needed, but it does now exist and is a meaningful addition to the game, I think.

The 44, and many other weapons suggested by what you call the 'hardcore' crowd, are/would be pretty similar. They just have new stats and look cool, but cool in your opinion instead. The 44s brought what new to the table? A weight stat of 2, some other stat changes from the HC, and looking cool.

Personally, I think if the stats were further differentiated from the MPs, that would have been better, though. I'd've tried 260 ammo, 13(26) capacity, 5 weight, and 60dmg, or something like that; awesome firepower for a fleeting moment would have been more unique.

Upvote 0
My bad on the sharpshooter assumption, hoople.

It might not have any new special functions, and it's pretty much a MP5 with different stats, but those stats are pretty significant. It gives the 'Zekk a role as a high-DPS, top-tier medic submachine gun. That role might not have been particularly needed, but it does now exist and is a meaningful addition to the game, I think.

The 44, and many other weapons suggested by what you call the 'hardcore' crowd, are/would be pretty similar. They just have new stats and look cool, but cool in your opinion instead. The 44s brought what new to the table? A weight stat of 2, some other stat changes from the HC, and looking cool.

Personally, I think if the stats were further differentiated from the MPs, that would have been better, though. I'd've tried 260 ammo, 13(26) capacity, 5 weight, and 60dmg, or something like that; awesome firepower for a fleeting moment would have been more unique.

When the .44 was added it was unique because it became the first mid-tier pistol that could be used and loved by any perk and in nearly any loadout due to its affordable price and low weight, jussayin'.

I don't agree with giving the medic any raw firepower though. Weapons that behave differently, yes, but not so much firepower. Medic rifle, mp7, mp5, those all have differences. Something like a compact little medic shotgun or OC Adam's work-in-progress medic pistol would be good too.

But I don't see the significance of the Schneidzekk. Letting the medic have a fleeting moment of firepower has merit mind you, but is it really what the medic should have? Medic should be able to defend himself from a minor threat, but should he have genuine combat effectiveness?

Upvote 0
That's a fair point, the role it plays wasn't greatly needed nor ideal, but I'm just saying it does have its own new role, which isn't useless.
And this new role likely isn't really much less useful/unique than a medic sten would be, or other conventional SMGs that you and some others may have preferred.

The extra damage stats idea mentioned would likely be less combat-effective than the current stats, I imagine. The damage buff would be a big deal, but the nerfs would overall be a bigger deal, I think. It would also be especially unique while at the same time sticking to the convention of giving medics SMGs. Breaking that convention with a medic shotgun or pistol would be perfectly fine too, though.
This digressing into more of an ideas/suggestions discussion, but I guess that is my fault.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's a fair point, the role it plays wasn't greatly needed nor ideal, but I'm just saying it does have its own new role, which isn't useless.
And this new role likely isn't really much less useful/unique than a medic sten would be, or other conventional SMGs that you and some others may have preferred.

The extra damage stats idea mentioned would likely be less combat-effective than the current stats, I imagine. The damage buff would be a big deal, but the nerfs would overall be a bigger deal, I think. It would also be especially unique while at the same time sticking to the convention of giving medics SMGs. Breaking that convention with a medic shotgun or pistol would be perfectly fine too, though.
This digressing into more of an ideas/suggestions discussion, but I guess that is my fault.

In all honesty, I'd actually give the Sten (or the later Sterling) to the firebug if it was a thing in KF.

Anyway, you've convinced me that the Schneidzekk has some differentiation, but I think it needs changes of some kind, lets look at things:

• The price is really high, especially for a medic gun. Reduce it maybe?
  • Its ammo is too low for it price. Add some more?
  • The damage could be increased for the short bout of raw firepower for the medic.
So the question is, which one of those three would be appropriate?

I'm personally geared towards the ammo increase. If there's one thing that the medic guns lack other than firepower, it's sustainability over the wave. There is not yet a medic gun that doesn't feel like it has limited use in a 6p game unless you're really trying extra hard to conserve ammo.

Upvote 0
I'm personally geared towards the ammo increase. If there's one thing that the medic guns lack other than firepower, it's sustainability over the wave. There is not yet a medic gun that doesn't feel like it has limited use in a 6p game unless you're really trying extra hard to conserve ammo.

The M7A3 has pretty generous ammo considering the damage and lower rate of fire. 300 bullets at 70 damage each goes a long way if you actually aim for headshots on trash. Considering that the Medic spends much of his time healing this weapon alone is often sufficient to make it through the wave. Add a second medigun and there should be no ammo problems unless the Medic gets stuck soloing. Even after the second medigun there is 5 free weight that can be filled if desired.

The way I've been playing lately I spawn as Sharpshooter wave 1 and then wave 2 selling the Crossbow gives me enough to afford the M7A3 (on HoE I sometimes need an extra 50). I then use this alone until around when Scrakes show; at this point I've saved enough to add Schneidzekk. For these early waves the M7A3 alone has never had issues with ammo and rarely with healing.

Upvote 0
The M7A3 has pretty generous ammo considering the damage and lower rate of fire. 300 bullets at 70 damage each goes a long way if you actually aim for headshots on trash. Considering that the Medic spends much of his time healing this weapon alone is often sufficient to make it through the wave. Add a second medigun and there should be no ammo problems unless the Medic gets stuck soloing. Even after the second medigun there is 5 free weight that can be filled if desired.

The way I've been playing lately I spawn as Sharpshooter wave 1 and then wave 2 selling the Crossbow gives me enough to afford the M7A3 (on HoE I sometimes need an extra 50). I then use this alone until around when Scrakes show; at this point I've saved enough to add Schneidzekk. For these early waves the M7A3 alone has never had issues with ammo and rarely with healing.

this. M7A3 is the premier medic combat weapon

Upvote 0