• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Shneidzekk Medic Gun

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jul 7, 2009
    How about a thread for discussing the new 'Zekk and how to best use it?

-Expensive, 10000(1300 at 6*)
    -Lightweight, 3
    -25(50) capacity
    -350 ammo
    -40 damage (enough to always decapitate crawlers/stalkers/clots/gorefasts/bloats with one headshot)
    -Really fast firing rate (every 0.063 seconds; 952.3 RPM; 15.87 rounds per second) Firing a single round is very difficult
    -Low recoil (75 max vert, 55 max hor)
    -3.33s reload
    -0.4 dosh per round
    -Quick dart recharge

Overall it seems balanced enough. It blows the MPs out of the water, but the low ammo reserve and price tag balance that out well enough, I think.
    For deliberate headshots or long range use, the extreme rate of fire is a disadvantage because you'll often accidentally fire too many rounds, but for use as a standard medic "get off me" gun, it's great.

Last edited:
    i really like this new medic gun. gives a little more punch to medic, which i dont think is a bad thing, but retains a high price tag and has a moderate reload time. i quite like using it as commando, its probably my favorite weapon TWI has added recently.

I agree, had a game or 2 last night screwing around with Lammah on hard with a friend of his using it as a commando, and it just eats through trash. the Shneidzekk+mp5 will be my loadout of choice for medic now :D

Upvote 0
    So it takes less damage than M7A3M=70 and Shneidzekk Medic Gun = 40

But it says in the trader that it does more damage than the M7A3, but it dosn't. That sucks. It should have something like 90 damage, increased price and then it would be a new superiour medic gun :)

There is a difference between damage per bullet and damage per second. It's entirely possible (and likely) that the Scheidzekk can dish out damage faster.

M7A3 is likely to remain my favorite medigun due to its large ammo pool, high damage, and low rate of fire. It's great for headshotting trash but is still great to blast full auto to clear an ally or chip in on an FP. I do plan on making use of the Schneidzekk though - I always take a 2nd medigun when using M7A3 and when cash isn't tight Schneidzekk would be ideal. I sometimes run MP5/Crossbow/MK23, and the Scheidzekk would be a great substitution.

Upvote 0
    I sometimes run MP5/Crossbow/MK23, and the Scheidzekk would be a great substitution.
    I do this too, but personally, I think I might be better off sticking with the MP5, even without considering the extra hassle of affording the 'Zekk.
    In Sharp6's hands, they'll both decap trash with headshots, but the MP5 fires more slowly, so I'm a lot less likely to waste an extra round or two, so I can potentially get about twice as many kills on trash per mag. The 'zekk's DPS would make it better for emergency spraying, though.

Gibby, you didn't think the idea of a TDI Vector Medic Gun was so 'lovely' back when I suggested it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Gibby, you didn't think the idea of a TDI Vector Medic Gun was so 'lovely' back when I suggested it. :rolleyes:

No I didn't because I think it's stupid to add more ultra-modern weapons that serve little to no purpose over many, many, many other purposeful choices suggested by long-time fans since day one.

Though I think that ultra-modern-stupid weapons work well for medic, as it's some kind of unique trend for him which has shown itself with MP7, MP5, and M7A3.

Outside of that it would be boring and retarded.

In the case of the Vector machinegun, I think it's nice. It's a nice model, nice sound, nicely made overall. But it's a pointless addition. It has brought nothing new to the table aside from being "cool". So far we have seen nothing but it being "cool".

If the only thing it's got is being "cool" I think that's an absolute waste. This medic gun, while cool, has literally no niche of its own, unless you consider the lack of a red dot sight a niche. :rolleyes:

TWI are having trouble with RAM requirements, right? Better use that space for additions that have been pushed for by hardcore fans for such a long time. As of late, TWI's weapon additions have been mostly aimed at newfriends, why not have a look at what the old "hardcore" supporters have to suggest? The only thing they've gotten that they actually pushed for is the magnum revolver.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I do this too, but personally, I think I might be better off sticking with the MP5, even without considering the extra hassle of affording the 'Zekk.
    In Sharp6's hands, they'll both decap trash with headshots, but the MP5 fires more slowly, so I'm a lot less likely to waste an extra round or two, so I can potentially get about twice as many kills on trash per mag. The 'zekk's DPS would make it better for emergency spraying, though.

To be clear I run this as Medic. Your point is definitely valid for Sharp, but the MP5 is probably the worst combat weapon as Medic. The combination of low damage and high recoil makes headshotting (2 bullets needed on higher difficulties) a pain. Now that the Schneidzekk has equally fast dart regen, I am no longer stuck with the MP5 any time I want to maximize healing.

As far as the price on the Schneidzekk being worth it, the answer is sometimes. The M7A3 is in many ways an equal or superior combat weapon; the MP5 is equal for healing. On a competent high level team a large surplus of dosh will be run up by the end of the game, even on HoE. Why not take the Schnedizekk? But when dosh is tight (late joiners, too many deaths, lower levels) settling for a cheaper medigun(s) and using your dosh to help allies equip is probably a wiser course.

Upvote 0