• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

hvdfd.jpg

4BlCv.jpg

RrwpN.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Little addition on the "like Mirror's Edge without the pretty graphics" bit:
There is a DLC pack for Mirror's Edge that adds a bunch of minimalistic, colorful, abstract levels to the game so in essence, Mirror's Edge did the "Mirror's Edge without the pretty graphics" thing first.

Reminds me of time-trial maps like they exist for most hard-core oldskool shooters, like Quake 3, the UTs, Warsow, etc.
I hope they'll have a demo one day, or a free weekend or something.

Upvote 0
Little addition on the "like Mirror's Edge without the pretty graphics" bit:
There is a DLC pack for Mirror's Edge that adds a bunch of minimalistic, colorful, abstract levels to the game so in essence, Mirror's Edge did the "Mirror's Edge without the pretty graphics" thing first.

Reminds me of time-trial maps like they exist for most hard-core oldskool shooters, like Quake 3, the UTs, Warsow, etc.
I hope they'll have a demo one day, or a free weekend or something.
Yeah, I never played that DLC for Mirror's Edge because well, the heck with paying for DLC for a game I only moderately liked.

But as you mentioned Q3, I was reminded of stuff like the surf maps in Counter-Strike and strafe jumping stuff, and challenge courses from TFC while playing this. I was never really good at those types of map types but this one is still fun since it's a core game mechanic and not just tacked on.

Upvote 0
Is that the first map in the Iron Wrath campaign? The suppressed rifles do alert them more easily.

I use a weapon/iron sight mod. It allows for multiple weapon attachments, has weapon collision and features the use of iron sights. Though most of the weapons are not suitable for iron sights, the new ones certainly are. My new favorite sidearms are the 1911 and TT-33. Though the PPK and Makarov can be fun.

I forgot the name and don't have a link to the mod though... I believe it is the "Ordinance Project".

Upvote 0
Is that the first map in the Iron Wrath campaign?
Island Estate from vanilla.

Speaking of mods: RavenShield 2.0 is out now as well. You know, the mod Ubi apparently banned because "RavenShield 2.0" was supposedly using a trademark infringing name and because modding the game was supposedly illegal all of a sudden... Well, it turns out that was the work of a couple of over-zealous lawyers of theirs who took the EULA a little too literal (just as I said) and now this misunderstanding is cleared up and the mod is out.

Personally I like vanilla as it is. I usually play with crosshairs only (no first-person weapon) now that they re-introduced classic crosshairs if you disable the weapon in 1.60.
I don't need iron-sights or anything with such dynamic crosshairs. The stupid first-person weapon model doesn't match what the crosshairs are simulating, unfortunately, as it's just a usual Half-Life style weapon-in-the-corner weapon so I usually disable it for immersion's sake.

I just jumped into a quick game there, to see if the widescreen is working.

Upvote 0
I don't need iron-sights or anything with such dynamic crosshairs. The stupid first-person weapon model doesn't match what the crosshairs are simulating, unfortunately, as it's just a usual Half-Life style weapon-in-the-corner weapon so I usually disable it for immersion's sake.

Which is why I got that mod. :p They work perfectly for me.

Any link to the mod and any details on what the final version includes?

Edit: Downloaded a 60MB from a forum claiming it was RVS 2.0. Turned out to be corrupted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the retail version:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20510238/RavenShield+2.0+32-bit+Retail+English.rar

For the steam version:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20510407/RavenShield+2.0+32-bit+Steam+English.rar

Here is a description of the mod, including a bullet point feature list:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/raven-shield-two-point-zero

(I haven't tried it yet. As I said, I like vanilla just fine, but I'll get around to it eventually. Not any time soon, with Skyrim arriving to day, lol, but eventually.)

Upvote 0
I had similar problems with the patch, because it's for the international version, not for the German version. You can, however, open RavenShield.ini and change "Language" to "int" for the international version and that should solve any problems you might run into as far as localized versions go.

Post some screenies if you get it run. I'm curious myself.

Upvote 0
I had similar problems with the patch, because it's for the international version, not for the German version. You can, however, open RavenShield.ini and change "Language" to "int" for the international version and that should solve any problems you might run into as far as localized versions go.

Post some screenies if you get it run. I'm curious myself.

I will. This download went fine. Now I just have to install the game to try it out.

Maybe I'll get a chance tonight. I am very eager to try it since there is no Rainbow/SWAT type game released since... SWAT 4. :(

Upvote 0