• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Run and Gun

Well just cause you can do it doesn't mean it's fun for game play. And this is my opinion of course. In real life if you run while firing a smg, there gonna be ALL over the place and "sway" with you turning your body. (like Arma) I'm really posting this to ask if you guys like this ingame or find it annoying like me. Not saying I dont like it change it now! lol so yeah. Just wondering.

I like it, finally SMG's are not dumbed down :)

Upvote 0
there is no penalty to sprinting (according to videos thus far). The gun is almost instantly ready to fire again, making ramboing past a corer much less dangerous, as you need less than a fraction of a second to beable to shoot again.

Whereas a longer time to get ready to fire again, might inspire some caution to submachinegunners, without nerfing the guns themselves.
+1

Indeed the recoil of the SMGs seem highly realistic in the game.

The run & gun & circle strafing (even bunny hopping) phenomena is probably a combination of three factors.

1. Staying alive having very little value - will respawn nearby quickly if killed. Desperate high risk, high reward tactics are much more feasable in such circumstances.

2. Physics defying player movement abilities. Can accelerate, switch directions and stance at levels many times greater than any human. Like a mosquito or fly in ways. Erratically moving around. Harder to hit, strike faster. This causes much more confusion, lessening the ability to coordinate successfully in team work. Increases the success rate of the tactics

3. Weapon handling. Switch weapons, shoulder and aim and so on as if having super human dexterity, speed, strength, and as if the weapons are light as paper. This makes it possible to move around so quickly without sacrificing the ability to handle one's weapon accurately and rapidly. Also increases success rate of the tactic.

I suggest reducing the movement, and weapon handling abilities into the real world range. It won't stop the tactic, but it will make it less likely to be so successful while improving gameplay in so many areas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suggest adapting to RO2, instead of crying out for change before you've even played it :rolleyes:

And I would suggest you don't so blatantly insult those who have genuine concerns over what is observed via gameplay videos. It's just honest criticism, as well as how to resolve said problems. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how he responded. In fact, this is almost a showcase of how criticism should be practiced. Your reaction, however, is a great example of how not to react to these posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maizel
Upvote 0
I suggest adapting to RO2, instead of crying out for change before you've even played it :rolleyes:

And I suggest you not be disrespectful to those that try to adress their concerns in a proper manner.

As far as I have seen, nothing in this thread should give you cause for that.

And I would suggest you don't so blatantly insult those who have genuine concerns over what is observed via gameplay videos. It's just honest criticism, as well as how to resolve said problems. There was absolutely nothing with how he responded. In fact, this is almost a showcase of how criticism should be practiced. Your reaction, however, is a great example of how not to react to these posts.

He put it much better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0