• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-Kobura

shadowwill

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
Kobura
This is the first Beta release of Kobura

The map is set in a fictional location where Allies will be defending against a Japanese attack with 7 cap zones in total. The map terrain offers varying levels of height and many opportunities to flank your enemy.

I created many custom assets for this map such as the huts, bridges, fences, waterfalls and streams, supports and some furniture. Some custom models such as sections of the ruins and surrounding cliffs were created by using stock Rising Storm meshes. In total 130 new props have been added.

Screenshots

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Time Limit (64 Player) : 38 minutes
Allies available artillery : Mortars
Axis available artillery : Mortars, Medium Artillery
Allies Reinforcements (64 player) : 600
Axis Reinforcements (64 player) : 750

What's to come:

This is still a work in progress so changes will be made

Further optimisation
Bot pathing tweaks
Cover node adjustments
Improve waterfall visuals
And anything else that needs work following future feedback

Downloads

Client Files

Mirror 1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pea92uvusou6tnu/RSTE-Kobura_RC2.roe

Many thanks to everyone who has followed the project and provided feedback and support, it has been of great use to me and has helped shape the map.

A very special thank you goes out to the Wild Bunch Clan, they've been on-board from the start and have spent a huge amount of time providing feedback, idea's, finding map bugs, testing the map, hosting the map, and helping me work out issues. With their constant support, willingness to help, humour and guidance I've managed to get the map to where it is now, without them I wouldn't have managed at all.

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Hello PsychoPigeon, Thank you for your nice comment. I haven't studied anything in particular, I think what helped me a fair bit is spending time on design forums and looking at the feedback people get from others with relation to lighting and colours, which is something that I used to overlook and give little thought to.

Upvote 0
Hello PsychoPigeon, Thank you for your nice comment. I haven't studied anything in particular, I think what helped me a fair bit is spending time on design forums and looking at the feedback people get from others with relation to lighting and colours, which is something that I used to overlook and give little thought to.
Care to link those forums? :) I'm having some troubles starting out in regards to this.

Upvote 0