• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROHOS on coming soon list.

Are those games ROHoS? I think not...

I was explaining that even though a game you bought at the store uses Steam. You still get a disc with the game. This is the case for all Steam games that are found on store shelves. At least all new titles.

The reason for your pointless response being?..

Upvote 0
I was explaining that even though a game you bought at the store uses Steam. You still get a disc with the game. This is the case for all Steam games that are found on store shelves. At least all new titles.

And what about all those games that only give you a 3MB install of Steam on the disc and force you to download the game through Steam?

Upvote 0

Depends on the game. Some games have a Steam version, but the DVD version does not use Steam.

Then there are games like HL2 and RO, and from what I understand RO2, where the DVD version will use Steam as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can handle updates I just dont want to download 5-8 Gigabyte's after I baught a disc, WHAT IS THE D*MN POINT OF A DISC WHEN YOU STILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME!$?!#!$%?#%

I highly doubt that any update will be that large.
Most of the game data will come with the disc, however there WILL be updates.

Update time varies on your Internet connection. I have a classic 13 Mb speed Internet modem and I can download stuff preety fast from Steam, most of the times at 1,2-ish Mb/s. Just get up and make a sandwich or something while it's updating.

Upvote 0
Or 100, depending on your connection. But I agree, it was the same with Shogun 2. Bought a disc, still needed to dl something like 6 gigs through Steam.

That is probably due to the way their games handles patches. I think everything is stored in gigantic rars so if something small changes. It all has to be replaced.

At least that's the case for Arma 2 and if I remember correctly, same with the TW games.

Upvote 0
discs are pointless....games that use Steam get updated is updated via Steam. really the only reason worthy to get a boxed version is simply for the box. even the disc itself is useless for backups since you can do that on an external/flashdrive etc...

granted if Steam just stops, then sure having the files to run the game if there's a single player version would be kinda nice....but who are we kidding, Steam doesn't look as though it's going out of business any time soon ;)

Reactions: u-s-e-r and blkmgc
Upvote 0